Domain Empire

discuss If I had a dollar for every time someone offered me a 1000 for a domain...

NameSilo
Watch

xynames

XYNames.comTop Member
Impact
...I'd have a thousand dollars, at least!

What is it with this $1000. threshold? It's the offer they send in, or I can get them up to, obviously for domains that they know are worth more, but it's often like pulling teeth trying to get them to go higher. Or at least it has been lately.

Even the guys who start at only a couple hunny I seem to be able to get up to a K, but beyond that....
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/c8b0b470-c5c7-4f73-a608-a894d24c411f

Actually that clip had not much to do with what I wrote, but I thought it fit somehow. :xf.laugh:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.

What is it with this $1000. threshold? It's the offer they send in, or I can get them up to, obviously for domains that they know are worth more, but it's often like pulling teeth trying to get them to go higher. Or at least it has been lately.

Even the guys who start at only a couple hunny I seem to be able to get up to a K, but beyond that....

Actually that clip had not much to do with what I wrote, but I thought it fit somehow. :xf.laugh:
I recently got a similar offer from a guy who in his email had his web domain, going there he has had $4.3B in exits, he sold his first company to msft in the 90's, for mid 8 figures, and he actually sent a lowball offer to the parking page, then went on sedo, and made a $100 offer also. I would think his time is worth more, but to some it's a power trip I guess. He was buying the name for a new project on behalf of his VC fund, but he wouldn't even hear mid 4 figures, like I was asking the World from him.

Last edited:
•••
but to some it's a power trip I guess.

I've seen this many times. It was not about whether the company can afford the domain name, it is about being frugal and to justify the spend in the eye of the VC overlords. The startup CEO probably did not want to appear extravagant or frivolous because he (or she) is still raising more money.

•••
•••
I could get most $500-1000 offers to come up to $2500 without even trying. Of course, I sell nothing for $2500 and most people could be nudged up to $6-10K with minor prodding.

Alas, it is 2020 and homeboy ain't playing around.

$30K. Shut Up. Pay me.

Last edited:
•••
I need to accept more of the $1k offers. Counter offering at $90k hasn’t been working.

•••

I'd have in pockets.

1. $1 dollar.
2. Some lint.
3. A receipt from Mcd's for a Happy Meal ( because domaining is depressing) lol.
4. And a hole.

:xf.grin::xf.wink::ROFL:(y)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back