IT.COM

IE Incompetent...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Good thing i started using Avant Browser. Because Internet Explorer just hit the fan and landed belly up. It doesn't respond. At first i was being hit by unavaliable pictures which required me to refresh the page. And sometimes refreshing would say the page is unavaliable, but then when i highlighted the url and pressed enter it would appear again. But now it just won't load anything. Have any of you had problems like this? I know its not the connection because Avant Browser is still working and its not relying on cached sites... i'm sure of that... i've run Virus scans a number of times (PC-cillin) and its a new machine... though i'm using a old harddrive. Hrmm any ideas?

EDIT: It would seem as though IE is responding now, but i'm still being hit with 1/4-1/2 of the pictures not loading properly... any ideas?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Do you have some ad/popup blocking software running? That could possibly be the cause. Other than that, I think it would be a problem with your settings in internet explorer somewhere. Have you made any changes recently that may have affected the settings?

In internet explorer go to tools-->internet options-->select settings from temporary internet files and make sure the automatically raido button is selected. Also make sure java is enabled.

•••
Nope, no adblockers... whenever i need one i just use Avant Browser... and my settings are normal... =
It'll all be fixed once i get my new harddrive and start off fresh again. So i'll just sweat it out.

•••
Well good thing you're using Avant or you may not have made it to the site to download Avant. Hope you're finding it useful. I am :) I almost never use IE anymore. Anyway yeah maybe you're better off waiting it out rather than wasting your time.

•••
Its got the be the harddrive, and if it isn't i'll be mad. This is a brandnew system. Hope i didn't mess any compatibility stuff up.

Soltek 75FRN2-LN Motherboard
Athlon 2500+ Barton Core
512mb DDR Ram Oem (Perhaps this has something to do with it, the fact that its oem and not brand)
GeForce4 Ti4200-8x

Hrmm, if anyones experianced in customizing just check over that if you can... otherwise your guess is as good as mine, and your time is as easy to waste as my own.

•••
It seems like some type of cache problem, or some setting that isn't enabled, or a confilicting software problem to me.

I don't see how it would be a hard drive problem if everything works like normal with another browser.

•••
I'll assume something just went wrong somewhere... it coulda had something to do with the fact that i didn't have java installed... but that would only explain certain pictures/websites...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back