Domain Empire

Ideas on improving HomeworkLoad.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I have a website that is designed to cater to people who are seeking assistance with their homework. It is HomeworkLoad.com. I set up the site almost a year ago hoping that it would attract students and experts alike. But sadly, to this day, it has not budged. What I need is some ideas as to how to get students to come for help there and to get people who are knowledgeable in the different subjects to sign up.

The present setup allows for students to pay for their answers, and the experts get a percentage of what the students pay.

Should I change what the site offers? Just want some ideas as to how to get the site making some money.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Students are not exactly a class of people overrun with extra money to pay for something like this.
That is what google is for.
Got a question, google that question for the answer.

Your site has no prices shown, what area of expertise, what grade level, or anything to help a visitor make some coherent decision.

And again, google is the site to get answers to questions for free!

•••
Students are not exactly a class of people overrun with extra money to pay for something like this.
That is what google is for.
Got a question, google that question for the answer.

Your site has no prices shown, what area of expertise, what grade level, or anything to help a visitor make some coherent decision.

And again, google is the site to get answers to questions for free!

Thanks for your input iowadawg and for taking the time to look at the site. I understand that many students do not have money lying around. But the service is not meant to break anybody's bank as the minimum payment that would have to be made is $5. Students can choose to pay more if they wish.

It is true that there are no prices shown, etc. I will work on resolving those issues.

As it relates to Google being the source of free answers, there are some questions, like Math for example, that are not in their database waiting to be extracted. Some questions will require interaction with another human to get the right answer. So, the service would still have some validity. The site is meant to be similar to answers.com, the difference being that the assistance is at a price. While that website provides answers for free, there are people out there who are willing to pay to get help.

•••
Lots of resources online for solving math problems - ie.:http://www.wolframalpha.com/examples/EquationSolving.html for example. I found a bunch of others within 2 searches.

I'm sure some types of questions are not covered, but if you're charging a low fee, can you pay enough to attract people who would know the answers?

I think the first thing you need to address are the trust factors of the web site. There is no "about us" or contact info - that makes it look scammy. Who are you and why should anyone care? How are you taking payments? Are the payments secure? Is the site secure? Do you use SSL? Take credit cards?

Who are these experts? Bios? What are their qualifications? How does anyone know they're not going to get a bunch of wrong answers, and what is the site's policy if the answers they pay for turn out to be wrong?

I see you having a problem attracting qualified people. You're basically provviding a service so students can cheat on their homework. Current students and teachers would want to hide their identity for fear of being "outed". And people who work hard and do their own homework may not be too eager to give the answers to others ... compensation would have to be worthwhile.

I think you've got your work cut out for you...

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for your candor enlytend. That is surely a lot of things to consider. I guess, for the time being, I will not bother with the site in its present form. There must be something else I can do with the domain. That I will have to research. For now, it will stay as is until I figure out my next step.

Thanks to all who provided an input.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back