Dynadot

ICANN accreditation

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

armstrong

Man from ManilaVIP Member
Impact
What does it take to become an ICANN-accredited registrar for .com/.net/.org/.info/.biz?

Lets just say that someone with some amount of cash is interested ... B-)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Not me - it requires too much work to suit me, IMO, and right now the margins aren't great.

Friend of a client. I'm interested to help so maybe I can have an advantage during drops. :D

•••
Originally posted by armstrong
Friend of a client. I'm interested to help so maybe I can have an advantage during drops. :D

Oooh, interesting. ;) Getting accredited isn't too expensive, but the cash reserves they require are considerable.

You can also check with some of the existing registrars to see if any are getting out of the business and welcome a buy-out offer...
http://www.icann.org/registrars/accredited-list.html

•••
heh yeah good to have contacts :tu:

•••
The client might need more cash than what they have: they might need the extra dough to take the ICANN people out for dinners once in a while. :red:

•••
i would have to say a a nice chunk of change and some contacts would give you a push into the biz of being a register

•••
You have to be a millionaire first before your domain selling business gets accredited by ICANN. :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back