i❤️.ws: New Emoji Domain Marketplace Beta

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon Roig

Established Member
Impact
Hey guys... I'm Jon, the creator of ❤️❤️❤️.ws. I'm back with a new project and I'd love your feedback:

Emoji Domain Marketplace BETA: i❤️.ws/marketplace

Still very much a work in progress, so forgive the fact that it's kind of a mess!

It turns out that there were already a ton of Emoji Domains listed in the GoDaddy Aftermarket system, but there wasn't an easy way to view or sort them. This is a step in the right direction, hopefully.

If you're a GoDaddy Auctions user already, there's no fee to include your domains -- they should get automatically listed by my app when it updates every 24 hours.

Anyway, it definitely needs work, but I thought I'd check in with you guys, see what features and whatnot you want. I'm already looking at more frequent updates... you can filter right now by single / double chars as well as the new mix of Emoji + ASCII...

Comments... suggestions?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
or pm me the idns and ill try to help, are they 2017's

page

•••
I am trying to put a bid in on two i❤.ws sport and food domains on godaddy auctions, but the interface doesn't seem to be working at this moment......

•••
I own
u_emItqIFmeKqeTUqyw3eaw1CyYW1zVGSZuwwfAruA4QRfwVwMISSrR31h8jLYJy45fdXyb5l0rzKFp6BbMGsS-6c1J7VDaI4Bc=s0-d-e1-ft
.ws and it is for sale

•••
this is a news thread, i think you want for sale..

ok back to the news, did an estibot search

Found 1,000 results. A total of 12,057 domains matched your keywords.

12,057 domains have the words iheart in them

page

•••
I am trying to put a bid in on two i❤.ws sport and food domains on godaddy auctions, but the interface doesn't seem to be working at this moment......

What's it doing?

I had the chance to meet with some of the Aftermarket Devs at GoDaddy's annual Techfest today, so I have better contacts there now. (I'd never met those guys before.) Actually, we had an interesting session: it was kind of a roundtable discussion about the aftermarket with two groups of big AZ domain auctions users. I'm afraid that I didn't catch their names -- I'm, like, not the best at that -- but it was interesting discussion nonetheless between active customers and the dev group which serves them.

•••
Interesting stats re: brand adoption of emoji's and a 20X higher CTR - as seen on emojibid.com:
Brands Effectively Use Emojis in their Marketing Strategies
Since the start of 2015, Brands have increased their usage of Emojis by 777%.

Since the start of 2016, the inclusion of Emojis in Marketing messages has grown (month-over-month) by 20%.

Emoji enabled Ads generate approximately 20X Higher Click-Through Rates than the Industry Standard.

•••
Of course, displaying emojis is no problem.
The problem is to get consumers to type emoji domains in. That won't work. You might as well display Chinese IDNs to Americans. How do they navigate to that URL, other than clicking on a properly formatted link.

•••
Hundreds of millions of text messages were sent with emoji last year, Kate.

•••
"Of course, displaying emojis is no problem.
The problem is to get consumers to type emoji domains in. That won't work. You might as well display Chinese IDNs to Americans. How do they navigate to that URL, other than clicking on a properly formatted link."

Kate your spot on on why the opportunity is there, i had to ask myself, why am i liking this and no one else is...

its becuase i am a dinoasaur and most of you reading this at a domain company in front of a windows computer, have no idea how the rest of the world can hit keyboard, and just like you switch to numbers, you switch to emojis and type away

i believe no other IDN supported language has the type of penetration on smartphones as the emoji keyboard

so yes even typing an emoji in this board is cut and paste for me..... for now.

so again, your spot on for the present.

so i liken it to, as again this could be wishful thinking because i own some, when they have announced an area code, but you can dial it yet.

so is this rick schwartz in 1995, or rick schwartz in 2008 ( ,mobi) ? no way to tell. you pays your money and take your chances.

Page

ps ober 11000 domain names have the word iheart in them, so im just sayin.....

•••
I think it is genius - GoDaddy is going to make some serious $$$ on an otherwise boring domain suffix for a long time to come, it is trendy and attracts the younger crowd, and it's so fantastic on so many marketing levels I'm wetting myself over the possibilities. To me, this is the new # tag - the biggest challenge is getting all the platforms aligned to integrate it into their software to make it easier to use AND display.

Last edited:
•••
hey smack, we need a smack emoji.....

•••
Emojis have no limits - would love to this in other extensions including .com (fingers crossed)

•••
hey smack, we need a smack emoji.....

Hiya - sorry I'm new on this site
Emojis have no limits - would love to this in other extensions including .com (fingers crossed)

I am a software developer and, no offense at all because it agree it would be cool, but in order to make this concept compatible across all software platforms, there has to be some sort of standard (like .ws) that makes it easy for integration.

Example. Pseudo Code:

IF Text Contains ".ws" => ParseEmojiUrl
Else Continue

Thoughts?

•••
Hiya - sorry I'm new on this site

I am a software developer and, no offense at all because it agree it would be cool, but in order to make this concept compatible across all software platforms, there has to be some sort of standard (like .ws) that makes it easy for integration.

Example. Pseudo Code:

IF Text Contains ".ws" => ParseEmojiUrl
Else Continue

Thoughts?

Oops I meant to say "would love to see this in other extensions" first of all.

I am not too familiar with the technical side for this but we can hope :)

•••

I'm totally with you, I wasn't very clear either, but what I would like to achieve is this (any this comment is meant for everyone in the thread.. I'd love to hear thoughts on it):

drive.google.com/file/d/0B-wvX82185jIM1JqT3dTc1BfUXM/view?usp=sharing

In order to achieve this programmatically in platforms like Twitter, Facebook, Google, .... there needs to be some demarcation that signifies the text should be transformed into a hyperlink, and since the .ws is already being used, why not use it as the demarcation just like a hash # tag or @ tag

•••
its becuase i am a dinoasaur and most of you reading this at a domain company in front of a windows computer, have no idea how the rest of the world can hit keyboard, and just like you switch to numbers, you switch to emojis and type away
I am in front of a Linux computer :)

You're right, nowadays people use smartphones or tablets a lot to access the Internet. But: emojis are ambiguous: many smilies look very similar. So even if you remember the basic shape, there are several alternatives that may confuse you. You may very well pick the wrong one. Result: typo traffic...

This is the Namepros pallette: there are just a few dozen icons I am still having trouble finding the right icon O_o

upload_2017-5-20_23-41-35.png

•••
@Jon Roig I doubt it's possible, but can you integrate a search function for the Marketplace? Basically, I am searching for :xf.smile: and I get all of the results from your GoDaddy Auctions with :xf.smile: somewhere in the domain. I don't think it's possible, but thought I would ask.

•••
Oh... sure. I can do search for the marketplace. I'm doing my big public launch on Monday morning, got a whole bunch of domain sales oriented things to get done before then... It'll be a little while before I revisit the marketplace.

I spent the day building some demo sites to showcase different uses of Emoji Domains:
i❤tacos.ws
PHX⚽.ws
brad❤jennifer.ws
SF :dog .ws (the forum munched it, but it looks good on twitter and whatnot)

Last edited:
•••
I'm totally with you, I wasn't very clear either, but what I would like to achieve is this (any this comment is meant for everyone in the thread.. I'd love to hear thoughts on it):

drive.google.com/file/d/0B-wvX82185jIM1JqT3dTc1BfUXM/view?usp=sharing

In order to achieve this programmatically in platforms like Twitter, Facebook, Google, .... there needs to be some demarcation that signifies the text should be transformed into a hyperlink, and since the .ws is already being used, why not use it as the demarcation just like a hash # tag or @ tag

si guess most stylesheets have an font for hyperlinks...but even the .ws part of a hyperlinked rmoji doesnt aleays change color....i see what you nean. ill see how wordpress handles the onrs im working on this weekend.

•••

i think its almost better to have ond for now...rather thsn the zillions of combinations w all the emojis and all the tlds.

maybe 2 would be good.. more develped sites that way.
page

•••
i think its almost better to have ond for now...rather thsn the zillions of combinations w all the emojis and all the tlds.

maybe 2 would be good.. more develped sites that way.
page

I went thru a list of emojis and checked for availability and many were not allowed. What is the limited set allowed to be registered? Anyone know?

•••
•••
•••
so great dsy..i updated my sasung os.⚡⚡⚡and now i csn do emoji on mobole keyboard..

so i can type .ws withot cut and psste...well see if it shows up.

•••
nope no globe...lightning bolts made it..

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back