IT.COM

I wrote another tutorial how to install MyBB forums

NameSilo
Watch

Julio

DominioNombres.comTop Member
Impact
I just finished writing this tutorial on installing mybb forum.

welcome.jpg

The first page that you will see is the Welcome Screen. Here you will see a review of the steps that is going to take to install mybb board to your web hosting space. At the bottom where it says "Send anonymous statistics..." If you want to send information anonymously to mybb about your server specifications leave the checkmark in the box. I would recommend leaving it checked because the information is used by mybb to know what is the most common settings & setups used by web hosting services.

When ready click on the next button to read the mybb license agreement.

licenseagreement.jpg

After you're done reading the license agreement click on the next button to "AGREE" and continue with the installation...

requirementcheckerror.jpg

Here the wizard will check a few things like system minimum requirements, writable files & directories before the installation can continue... In the image above the requirements check failed because the files & directories can not be written to. To make the files & directories writable you can go to "File Manager" in cpanel then changing the permission to 777 or you can contact your web hosting support asking them to chmod the files & folders permission to 777 for you.

Because namepros has a image limit I can't post the whole thing but you can read the rest of it at http://noobgamers.com/install-mybb-mybboard-forum-software/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Good tutorial its easy to understand step by step guide with pictures .

•••
Hi, could you also give tutorial to block the software that spamming myBB forum ?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back