NameSilo

How to install Phpbb3

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Julio

DominioNombres.comTop Member
Impact
Here's a tutorial i did for gamers to install phpbb3 on on their web space hosting account. You need to download the latest full package of phpbb3 from the phpBB Creating Communities Worldwide website. Once you downloaded the latest full package of phpbb3 you need to unzip the files and have them ready for uploading to your webspace hosting account.

Creating the database...

First we are going to create the database for phpbb3. Login to your website control panel [Cpanel] and look for a icon that looks like the picture below called MySQL Databases.

cpanel.jpg

Inside MySQL Databases you are going to create the database that's going to make phpbb3 work on your website.

mysql.jpg

To create the database is going to take 3 steps.

1. You need to give your database a name.

2. You need to create a user name and a password for the database.

3. You need to add the user to the database by clicking on the button.

NOTE: Write this stuff down because you are going to need it later on in the installation process...

dbusertable.jpg

Your MySQL Account Maintenance should look like the picture above.

You have now finished with the MySQL Database installation part of phpbb3 message board.

Installing phpbb3...

Because there's an image limit here at namepros. You need to continue the tutorial at How do i install phpbb3 on my website?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Very nice :) Thanks a lot for putting together tutorials like this.

Rep added :)

•••
Thanks Alot,

Ever since i heard that content is key, i can't stop writing guides/tutorials :)

•••
•••
Thanks for share. I will try this if some times I create a forum

•••
•••
•••
Thanks for this tutorial...
Recently I had problems with installing it and this thread is really helping me :)
Is the procedure the same with other forum scripts ? /vBulletin,smf ? if not if will be good to have one tutorial for vBulletin too if you have time :)

•••
Thanks Everyone,

bodil4o -- It is kinda the same since you have to create a database in the beginning of the installation. I have already started writing one for vbulletin and later on i will do one for smf.

•••
Thanks for the great tutorial NightLinks.
i know how to do it but i am sure many people will benefit from it

•••
Thanks Saket,

I just finished doing one for vbulletin.

•••
so you have posted another tutorial for vBulletin ?
thanks , i am gonna check it

•••
Instead doing this. We can use fantastico in the cpanel which automatically installs many scripts including phpbb3. It is a 1 min work and also very fast and great.

•••
Yes you can but the problem with fantastico is not always update. :(

•••
But we can update whenever we need and it is so easy than doing the above process.

Fantastico is mainly used for those who need to create a new theme and check it fast whether everything is perfect and also those who did not care about the version of phpbb3

•••
Wait so fantastico is still using version 2 of phpbb? I haven't used fantastico in the last 2 years.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back