NameSilo

I wonder why many domainers want to sell catchy/brandable domains for few 1000 dollars or less ...

Labeled as discuss in Brandable Domain Discussion, started by PatrickV, Oct 12, 2021

Replies:
Views:

1. PatrickV

PatrickV Established Member

I believe patience and quality is the key for much higher prices in future, what if they can buy/steal your domain(s) for cheap at marketplaces (with their own domain pricing!) AND turn it into a succesful brand ... Some domainers ( it seems like) want to sell for nuts ... I wish them all a more fruitful future and lots of succes!

GLTA

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.com WhoaDomain.com VIP Gold Account

If your goal is to make $1 million in domaining in a year. You have two options.

If you have a million dollar domain? sell it and call it a day. or 4 $250,000 domains or 5 $200,000 domains. You get the idea.

or if you have 1000 $1,000 domains you can sell quickly in the next 365 days. This might be a more realistic way to your goal.

It's all about choice and resources i.e. whether you have a million dollar domain.

I've always been for the big hits. but lately I've been more realistic and selling $1,000 domains that I should have asked for more.

3. Orlwynn

Orlwynn New Member

I've appraised some domains I plan to hand-register and and several come out around the $1000 mark. I was wondering fi that was something I could truly go off of and if that is a good point to say start or end at. Am I right to assume the GoDaddy Appraisal tool isn't lying to me or over guesstimating?

4. bmugford

bmugford www.DataCube.com PRO VIP ICA Member ★★★★★★★★★★

Well, not everyone is sitting on a mountains of cash and they need to actually make sales for cash flow reasons.

Not every sale is going to be a home run. You build a repeatable business on the singles and doubles.

Brad

Last edited: Oct 16, 2021
  5. Orlwynn

Orlwynn New Member

Thanks for that information Brad. After looking things over, I saw that I am probably thinking more wholesale domaining to start with so maybe that will help me with pricing more appropriately.

6. Jason Baudendistel

Jason Baudendistel CEO Wibbets Inc

I might only sell the edges and use the rest split half and half for business purposes and long term investments but others made a good point. If you don't have the luxury of sitting on your best 10 names for 10 years got to pay the bills somehow.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
biix
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice