Domain Empire

I want to create a domain checker for Yahoo and dmoz...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,
I'm new to domain names. I'm currently a programmer. I would like to create a domain checker for yahoo, dmoz and google.

Basically, my spiders would go to these sites, get the domains that are listed high on these sites (for specific keywords and niche) and would get infos for them (google pr, alexa ranking, alexa amount of links to that domain, etc.).

Then I would add the domains I would like to buy ina watch list some months in advance, and when they would be avaible, I would register them.

I'm really a newbie in that market, so I would like to know if its a good way to get good domain names?

Hope to hear from you all,
Joey

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi,

There's a similar script available you may wish to check it out for information on how to read files from the different directories and stuff like that, such as querying the whois servers for expiry dates information:

http://www.checkurl.info/us/tools/free_expired_domain_names_finder.htm

What you propose is a really hard feat unless you *seriously* reduce the scope of your spiders and the target domains you wish to check, but it can be done (provided enough bandwith and crunching power). I'd focus in really specific niches (wealthy or popular ones) otherwise it's going to be impossible to parse all that information.

•••
McDope said:
Hi,

There's a similar script available you may wish to check it out for information on how to read files from the different directories and stuff like that, such as querying the whois servers for expiry dates information:

http://www.checkurl.info/us/tools/free_expired_domain_names_finder.htm

What you propose is a really hard feat unless you *seriously* reduce the scope of your spiders and the target domains you wish to check, but it can be done (provided enough bandwith and crunching power). I'd focus in really specific niches (wealthy or popular ones) otherwise it's going to be impossible to parse all that information.

Thx for the link. I was seeking for something like that. Will just need to add new stuff to it :)

And yes, I will target specific niches :)

Thanks,
Joey

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back