DAN.com

I rejected an offer on this domain. Would you have done the same? Vote and comment. Thanks

Labeled as poll in General Domain Discussion, started by infosec3, Apr 5, 2020

Replies:
15
Views:
1,425

?

I rejected an offer on this domain. Would you have done the same?

Poll closed Apr 7, 2020.
  1. You did right. Wait for a better offer.

    10 votes
    32.3%
  2. You should have taken the cash.

    21 votes
    67.7%
Total: 31 vote(s)
  1. infosec3

    infosec3 Top Contributor VIP Gold Account ★★★★★★★★★★

    Posts:
    4,929
    Likes Received:
    3,874
    Given the booming of the video conferencing business, I recently backordered the name listed below and got it. I contacted a few companies immediately after getting the name. One said they will get back to me and a second one offered me $500, indicating on his message he likes the name, but that given the circumstances, budget is tight, which I don't necessarily agree applies to the video conferencing business. I asked for $4,500. I am right now debating whether to develop it into a business or wait for the right offer.

    The name is My/Web/Conference (COM).

    Would you have taken the offer or waited?
     
    The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. karmaco

    karmaco Top Contributor VIP

    Posts:
    2,628
    Likes Received:
    6,749
    People rarely get high dollar on outbound as you probably know unless we are talking about super premium one words.

    Just set a buy it now Or make offer closer to what you want and forget it. I would probably accept less than you asked for on a 3 word long domain, at least right now.
     
  3. bulkdomainz

    bulkdomainz Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

    Posts:
    946
    Likes Received:
    357
    I don't think he would pay 4.5k for the name.

    I would make a counter-offer or encourage him to negotiate, and maybe offer him the opportunity to pay in instalments.
     
  4. BrandCollectors.com

    BrandCollectors.com Restricted (DM)

    Posts:
    1,454
    Likes Received:
    1,192
    u should take the cash. honestly I wouldnt register it for reg fee.
     
  5. ArielT

    ArielT Top Contributor VIP

    Posts:
    1,555
    Likes Received:
    636
  6. stub

    stub DNStore.com PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

    Posts:
    25,070
    Likes Received:
    10,399
    If you are short of cash, I would have taken it. I would also recommend counter-offering to see where it leads, if anywhere. I'm at the same point, but at the other end of a transaction. It's not a lot of money. Low $$$. But to be honest I can't really afford it when I need the funds for renewals. It would need me to be more severe with my dropping domains. But I would be tempted, if the price is right.
     
  7. fleaking

    fleaking Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

    Posts:
    893
    Likes Received:
    739
    I own "conference".com in a certain non-english language and I received some inquiries for it recently, I am sure that it is due to the coronavirus epidemic, just FYI.
     
  8. Vivienne Mcgregor

    Vivienne Mcgregor Restricted (DM)

    Posts:
    283
    Likes Received:
    120
    Ask him to try the official low-baller club requests. He would understand the value then
     
  9. The Durfer

    The Durfer Top Contributor VIP Gold Account

    Posts:
    7,838
    Likes Received:
    10,603
    i would go as far as $1500 try that amt.
     
  10. equity78

    equity78 Top Member TheDomains Staff TLDInvestors.com PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

    Posts:
    15,574
    Likes Received:
    19,910
    Spot on, if you are outbounding you are lowering the chance for the big payday.
     
  11. stub

    stub DNStore.com PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

    Posts:
    25,070
    Likes Received:
    10,399
    Just to add. I made an offer of $100 on GoDaddy for the domain I was talking about here. Min Offer was $100. The seller came down from just under $500 (countered $150), to just under $250, to accepting my offer in about 4 days. 7 char, two word .com. Estibot value $2500. GoValue $1800. It felt like the sellers were desperate. So I have to find a way to drop another 17 domains in April (over and above what I'd already planned).
     
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2020
  12. equity78

    equity78 Top Member TheDomains Staff TLDInvestors.com PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

    Posts:
    15,574
    Likes Received:
    19,910
    Appraisal tool working for me now.
     
  13. stub

    stub DNStore.com PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

    Posts:
    25,070
    Likes Received:
    10,399
    For me too :) I altered my post :)

    It was a 7 char domain, not 8 as stated above (now corrected).
     
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2020
  14. equity78

    equity78 Top Member TheDomains Staff TLDInvestors.com PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

    Posts:
    15,574
    Likes Received:
    19,910
    Oh I did not see that, cool.
     
  15. stub

    stub DNStore.com PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

    Posts:
    25,070
    Likes Received:
    10,399
  16. lock

    lock DomainUsed.com VIP

    Posts:
    4,961
    Likes Received:
    4,853
    Experience would tell me to take it but you may need to follow every mistake play whilst learning to negotiate until you recognize there will be a time and a reason when you know you can easily justify rather than just asking for more. There is evolution to the way a domainer thinks you will never think like you did last year or year before.
     
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2020

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
biix
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
Loading...