Dynadot

I regged some domains ... now what...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hey everyone,

i regged some domainnames wich i thought had some potential,
one off them already gave me an email for a pricequote... :)

but what to do with the domains , how to make revenue with them , while they sit there , hehe

please give me some advise, i'm new to this

jurrie

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Maybe, If you tell us the domain name(s) you think they have potential?

•••
Well Development is always your best bet ~ But Domain Parking is also a Decent way to make money While waiting for a sale or Building a site - Use The search Box at the Top of this Site to find more on These subjects ~ :)
Also try : http://www.namepros.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66 The making money Section of the forum ....

•••
if you recieved an offer with no advertising and just after reg, its probably an appraisal scam, they watch the whois and registries and spam the emails they find, be warry

•••
some domains i think can be worth something along the line are :

coctails.info (already posted here)
jobevent.net
findyournic.com ( not sure )
howtotweak.com
hairstyletrends.info

i added them at sedo and will see what will come from it
but me thinks sedo is not the only available possibility

about the mail, lol, i kinda figured it out a tiny bit too late, but oh well, one learns from his mistakes i think

jurrie

•••
jurrie said:
some domains i think can be worth something along the line are :

coctails.info (already posted here)
jobevent.net
findyournic.com ( not sure )
howtotweak.com
hairstyletrends.info

i added them at sedo and will see what will come from it
but me thinks sedo is not the only available possibility

about the mail, lol, i kinda figured it out a tiny bit too late, but oh well, one learns from his mistakes i think

jurrie

Welcome to the domain world! Just a few hints to get you started...

When you first get into buying and selling domains you may think you'll get huge sales for what at first impression look like good names. IMO this is mostly due to some of the sales posted on places like AfterNIC and Sedo, where some ridiculous names sell for hundreds and thousands of dollars. Don't expect too much (these cases are rare!) unless you do have a true killer domain.

Don't purchase an appraisal, you'll get an honest opinion in the appraisals forum here. Note that these appraisals, unless otherwise stated are usually indicating its value to domain resellers (such as ourselves), they would obviously be worth more to an end user, but don't be overeager as these can often be very difficult to find.

Listing on Sedo is fine but I wouldn't expect a sale from it. There's too many names on Sedo and unless you have a premium one it will get lost in the crowd. You may got lucky but the odds are against you.

Don't get upset if somebody ruins your parade by telling you your domain is worthless. If you ask for an appraisal you'll get an honest opinion from people who have been in the game long enough to know true value. They're trying to help you, not annoy you.

Some of the better domains around come from lists of expired domain names. Check out the Expired Domains forum here on NamePros, my blog (in my signature) and sites such as http://www.domainsbot.com for quality lists of available and expiring domains.

Developed sites with traffic are the best ways to make good money from your domains. When you register a domain name, always think "Could I develop this into an actual website? Is there sufficient content on the subject? Could I make profit from advertising revenue?" Never register a domain if you can't think of a use for it.

Be careful with domains containing trademarks. If you do register one, avoid developing an unrelated site on it and do not offer it to competitors of the company who holds the trademark. In many cases, the company itself may purchase it from you to avoid the high cost of legal fees. But do not assume this, it's dangerous territory and you will need good legal advice.

Have fun and try not to get obsessed with registering domains. At the start you will find a lot of domains that seem great but are really useless, and these will be a big waste of $10. It can be a profitable hobby/business, but many people don't make anything at all.

Do your research. Browse through the forums here and you will learn a great deal about domains. If you're thinking of registering a domain related to a particular topic, google it and find out good keywords, and how popular it is.

Use Overture's Keyword Suggestion tool to find out how often a keyword is searched for. You will often see OVT w/ext cited by domainers. This refers to the overture results with the extension included (ie how many people search for domain.com rather than domain). You'd be surprised how many people do this, and if the domain you're thinking of registering does have an overture count with the extension, it may well hold value.

As for your domains, I'd suggest developing howtotweak.com, you could publish features on tweaking everything from Windows XP, overclocking your CPU and Graphics card, modding your PS2/XBOX, and so on.

Best of luck with the domain game, don't hesitate to ask for help if you need it.

J.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back