Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

I really need to get used to linux...

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
NamecheapNamecheap
Watch

Barrucadu

Established Member
Impact
64
I've installed ubuntu on my old laptop, and broke it within a day (won't boot).
Then again, I was following an ndiswrapper tutorial and it just froze when I ran "sudo modprobe ndiswrapper".

I will persevere and get it working, just so someone at school stops saying the rather cringeworthy phrase "get linux, its leet" (he actually SAYS leet). Plus, it'll be a learning experiance, and a way to use an old laptop that can barely handle windows xp.

Time for a reinstall!
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Get a live boot cd instead and then choose the install option from the live boot cd. Also, red hat Linux has an option in the installer to automatically partition a system to do dual boot.
 
0
•••
live boot cd will perform very badly if u lookinf to run it on a old laptop which cannot run XP properly

my suggestion would be install it on the hard disk and switch over to some lighter GUI which uses less RAM
 
0
•••
well, i've got it installed, and am currently trying to get my netgear wireless dongle working.
First thing I did was install the Ubuntu Satanic Edition (Evil Edgy) themes, lol.
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: flexible LTO options. Close more domain deals with financing.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back