IT.COM

I made a new site called NameClutch to list your domains. (Domain portfolio)

NameSilo
Watch
Impact

🚀 Introduction

I have over 100 domain names that I pay ~$1000 a year for the renewal fee. It's a hefty price, so I feel the need to make my own site to promote my domain names and list them as a portfolio showcase of sorts.
Does anyone else feel my pain? But at least I'm still profitable selling over $10,000 worth so far.

🛠 My Solution

So I went ahead and did that, and here is what I have now after a day or two of work:

2024-03-15 01_08_44-NameClutch -.png

💡 Seeking Your Input

I'm curious to hear your thoughts on this, and whether you would like to use it yourself to add your own domains?

An example of a member's Portfolio page so you can share the link etc to people to show your portfolio: https://nameclutch.com/author/sezia/

🤝 Collaboration Offer

If so, I'm willing to accept submissions of high-quality domain names worth over $2000, given that you promote the site/share with friends. Just let me know via PM or post here

🌐 Website Launch

It's live at nameclutch.com

📈 Exploring Business Models

Also, I honestly don't know a good business model for this, it's like a classifieds site where you can list domain names right now for free. I feel like I can add a blog to increase traffic and network with people like on here to get traffic for it. Potentially I can charge for listings... any ideas welcome too.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Looking good (y)

I'm working on something similar for my own names. Are you going to have checkout & payment on site or just a contact?

•••
Looking good (y)

I'm working on something similar for my own names. Are you going to have checkout & payment on site or just a contact?
Thanks and curious about yours too.
Potentially it could have automatic checkout like $1 per post? But I don't know if people will use my site yet to know if its worth it to implement.

•••
For mine I need to get a few more names listed and their logos done, but I take ages doing stuff. It'll only be for my own names, at least to start with until I get the hang of it. I'm using WP Storefront theme with woocommerce, but I'll have a contact form too. Escrow . com do a woocommerce plugin for payment if you have an account with them. Something similar for Sedo's transfer service would be handy.

Last edited:
•••
I like it, guess you are still working on it with the WordPress bar on top.

I'm a big fan of presenting your domains in an epic way and building (still building) two "portfolio/marketplace" pages thus far.

Genesis.domains & Chosen.link

•••

🚀 Introduction

I have over 100 domain names that I pay ~$1000 a year for the renewal fee. It's a hefty price, so I feel the need to make my own site to promote my domain names and list them as a portfolio showcase of sorts.
Does anyone else feel my pain? But at least I'm still profitable selling over $10,000 worth so far.

🛠 My Solution

So I went ahead and did that, and here is what I have now after a day or two of work:

Show attachment 254085

💡 Seeking Your Input

I'm curious to hear your thoughts on this, and whether you would like to use it yourself to add your own domains?

An example of a member's Portfolio page so you can share the link etc to people to show your portfolio: https://nameclutch.com/author/sezia/

🤝 Collaboration Offer

If so, I'm willing to accept submissions of high-quality domain names worth over $3000, given that you promote the site/share with friends. Just let me know via PM.

🌐 Website Launch

It's live at nameclutch.com

📈 Exploring Business Models

Also, I honestly don't know a good business model for this, it's like a classifieds site where you can list domain names right now for free. I feel like I can add a blog to increase traffic and network with people like on here to get traffic for it. Potentially I can charge for listings... any ideas welcome too.
I like how the name scrolls (pops up).

•••
Hello @cixxy, your design is clean and appealing, great job!

If you're open to collaboration, we'd be interested in covering all escrow fees should you decide to utilize our escrow smart contracts.

•••
I had my own site, but found that it was too time consuming. The listings took time to put up, I then had to promote it, and then remove the domain names when I dropped them.

The main issue you will have opening it up to other people is that they may abuse it, they may put other peoples domains on , they may not remove expired domains, and even if its free, people will expect it to be perfect and have traffic to it.

Its a nice idea, and a nice site (except the 'button' in the header bar that is just called button, LOL), but I dont think it would work well in practice

•••
It's awesome,
my small remarks
1) no menu on PC(Yes I'm using PC )
2) no site icon
3) it's possible hide "Copyright © 2024 - Yuki Theme By WP Moose" via css or so
.yuki_footer_el_copyright {
display: none; }

Attachments

• Em.png
    Em.png
    59.4 KB · Views: 10
  • Emm.png
    Emm.png
    93.8 KB · Views: 10
  • emmm.png
    emmm.png
    44.9 KB · Views: 10
•••
except the 'button' in the header bar that is just called button, LOL

Agree a good-looking/functional design...and also noticed this “Button”, I thought it is some new design trends...😂😂

•••
I have done this for my own domain names showcase/portfolio... There is no payment on site, it's just with contact info.. let me know if anyone Interested... I can do custom work as per your requirements. Thanks.

•••
It's awesome,
my small remarks
1) no menu on PC(Yes I'm using PC )
2) no site icon
3) it's possible hide "Copyright © 2024 - Yuki Theme By WP Moose" via css or so
.yuki_footer_el_copyright {
display: none; }
I can do much better. Let me know if you are interested. I am here to build a platform for your portfolio. Thanks.

•••
I can do much better. Let me know if you are interested. I am here to build a platform for your portfolio. Thanks.

Ravi
It's Always Possible to Make Things Better:xf.wink:
Thanks see DM

•••
Thank you all for the feedback etc, I'll fix those kinks once there's more interest in the site :)

I think the only thing is i dont know how to get traffic to it. Do you think it may be worth making a blog and SEO it? I'm currently linking to it via my youtube cats channel with 1k subs lol. https://youtube.com/@WildEva

Hello @cixxy, your design is clean and appealing, great job!

If you're open to collaboration, we'd be interested in covering all escrow fees should you decide to utilize our escrow smart contracts.
Sorry for the late reply but yeah what kind of domains do you have? I'm just redirecting the domains to Dan.com and brandpa, brandbucket.

I can add your domains if they are high quality for free.

I had my own site, but found that it was too time consuming. The listings took time to put up, I then had to promote it, and then remove the domain names when I dropped them.

The main issue you will have opening it up to other people is that they may abuse it, they may put other peoples domains on , they may not remove expired domains, and even if its free, people will expect it to be perfect and have traffic to it.

Its a nice idea, and a nice site (except the 'button' in the header bar that is just called button, LOL), but I dont think it would work well in practice

Ah I see it wont be time consuming for me because it takes a while to sell my domains haha. The most time is actually designing the logo if it doenst have it.

Also good point about the other people thing.. perhaps it has to be selective or something

Last edited:
•••
Hi! Always glad to meet a creative person! But you will get tired of promoting your site from scratch. There is a simpler solution, you need to register on Squadhelp.com . They offer their constructor for placing domains for free. This is called WLM page. This is not an advertisement. See how it is realized here
www.Avriobrand.com

Last edited:
•••
Hi! Always glad to meet a creative person! But you will get tired of promoting your site from scratch. There is a simpler solution, you need to register on Squadhelp.com . They offer their constructor for placing domains for free. This is called WLM page. This is not an advertisement. See how it is realized here
www.Avriobrand.com
very interesting. Do you use it much and does it get you free traffic via their network? If so please show some stats

•••
Statistics are directly proportional to the number of domains. On the portfolio with 500 domains - around 500 visits monthly, for 1000 - around thousand. And if you advertise your page, then there will be much more visits. These pages just display your portfolio at Squadhelp. You list your domains on your SH page and they will automatically display on your external WLM page with your address. And you can share your portfolio at social networks.

Edit: It;s really free.

Last edited:
•••
It looks nice, especially for so early in development. I like the clean visual look and the effect when you scroll over a name.

At least for the one name I clicked to look at in detail, it does not seem there is a link to actually buy a name?

It has a form for leaving comments, but it is far from obvious that is to actually inquire about buying a domain name.

As others pointed out, the free SH 'White Label' site can achieve a pretty similar effect, and for 7.5% commission on standard listings they handle the purchase and transfer process for you, and will also chat with prospective buyers if they have questions 24x7. You set up one of your domain names to be the site where a person sees all of your names.

-Bob

•••
There is a simpler solution, you need to register on Squadhelp.com .
What are your view comparisons between white label and standard listing?

I only have standard listing and the views are capped which I have a hard time believing. Domains I have listed on SEDO with GoDaddy appraisals of less than $100 get daily views.

•••
Statistics are directly proportional to the number of domains. On the portfolio with 500 domains - around 500 visits monthly, for 1000 - around thousand. And if you advertise your page, then there will be much more visits. These pages just display your portfolio at Squadhelp. You list your domains on your SH page and they will automatically display on your external WLM page with your address. And you can share your portfolio at social networks.

Edit: It;s really free.
so are you saying it's 1 visit monthly for 1 domain that you get for free in terms of traffic? seems very little 👀

It looks nice, especially for so early in development. I like the clean visual look and the effect when you scroll over a name.

At least for the one name I clicked to look at in detail, it does not seem there is a link to actually buy a name?

It has a form for leaving comments, but it is far from obvious that is to actually inquire about buying a domain name.

As others pointed out, the free SH 'White Label' site can achieve a pretty similar effect, and for 7.5% commission on standard listings they handle the purchase and transfer process for you, and will also chat with prospective buyers if they have questions 24x7. You set up one of your domain names to be the site where a person sees all of your names.

-Bob
Thanks for the feedback 💯

the link is small so I made it into a button. Should be more noticeable now.

For Squadhelp That sounds like less commission than what I pay for dan . I might chat with their live support to know more about it if it's good free traffic.

I already have my domains on dan etc and I just link to them on the nameclutch site. So it's essentially like an advertising board or a portfolio I guess

•••
I mean, if you've been domaining for almost 2 decades and you need to make a site because of renewal fees... I don't know what to tell you.

The site will require marketing. I'm sure you have niches. So you can't even just blog it because you need to blog in so many niches.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back