Domain Empire

I have coded package. How can I get a sale right or copyright to own it legally..

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Hi Guys
I am a coder.

I am developing a php based package. I want to sell it like Invision Power Board or PHPLD(to many people). How should I go about copyrighting this? I do not know the formalities clearly. If I am selling this package as one which can be resold, then should I make a resale agreement?

Is there any online service to get this done(if you know some please mention them here)? How much will it cost to get it done?

Waiting for your reply

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You may want to develop a way of managing licenses on your server, like integrate it into your download centre , so that you can keep tabs on resales and monitor it closely. You may also want to register your name as a registered business and get TM rights on it.

•••
You may want to develop a way of managing licenses on your server, like integrate it into your download centre , so that you can keep tabs on resales and monitor it closely. You may also want to register your name as a registered business and get TM rights on it.

That's not enough. If you are doing something revolutionary, or have a revolutionary way of implementing something, then you can apply for a patent. Otherwise, you are out of luck with regard to source code copyrights, as they do not exist.

•••
reply...

Yeah but patents cost a lot........

I saw that even packages like Invision Power Board and Vbulletin have copyrights......because they cannot have patents since the idea of a 'forum' belongs to 'public source'(public use like the smilies).

Any idea about copyright costs? I also need a list of a few who offer this service online(anyone who has an online presense)

•••
•••
Thanks domainBell

Anymore people offering this kind of service....?
Just want to compare all the plans and go for a cheap and reliable one

•••
•••
I recommend phpaudit. Don't sell with resale rights otherwise your script will get passed around cheaply within 30 days (maybe 3 days). Encode it with ioncube and license each site. Protect your code as much as possible for as long as possible. There are a few ways to make money off scripts.

1. Licensing
2. Support
3. Site traffic monetizing (adsense and such)

You need to decide what you approach will be.

•••
Thanks labrocca. I was looking for this type of info from a long time.

Anymore like these?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back