Dynadot

I got a "turn it over or else" kind of an Email. What to do?

NameSilo
Watch

Allysin

Established Member
Impact
Hello everyone. I got my first ever threatening letter (please see below) and I was wondering if anyone would know what I should do? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. I should mention that THEdomainIownDOTonline = ABCXYZ.online

THEdomainIown.ONLINE - Trademark infringement - AABBCCDDEE

Dear Sirs,

On behalf of our client XYZ International we ask your urgent attention to the following matter.

We have been informed that you have registered the domain name THEdomainIown.ONLINE.

ABCXYZ is the trademark of XYZ International. It has been in use for many years already as the name of their businesses in many countries worldwide.

XYZ is the world’s largest retail chain with over 12,000 stores in 42 countries namely Angola, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belgium, Botswana, Cameroon, China, Croatia, Denmark, France, Germany, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Netherlands, Nigeria, Norway, Oman, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Russian Federation, Seychelles, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland, UAE, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Zambia and Zimbabwe. In many of these countries there are ABCXYZ stores.

See for instance in:

Some of the registrations of the ABCXYZ mark are enclosed for ready reference. Note that there are many more all over the world. All owners mentioned in the enclosed list are partners of and often shareholders in XYZ International.

So with the THEdomainIown.ONLINE domain name registration you are infringing the trademark and company name rights of our client.

You are therefore urgently requested to transfer this domain name to our client.

If you are not prepared to transfer the domain name voluntarily our client shall not hesitate to take all steps that are necessary to have this domain name cancelled and ask for compensation for damages and legal costs for which all rights are being reserved.

We look forward to receiving your confirmation as soon as possible but no later than May 4, 2017.

After having confirmed that you will cooperate with the transfer we will ask the domain name manager of XYZ to contact you for the transfer process.

Yours sincerely,

name of the Dutch person

name of the Dutch person

European Trademark & Design Attorney / Associate Partner

This e-mail message is from N.V. Nederlandsch Octrooibureau or NLO Shieldmark B.V. or NLO bvba and is intended only for use by the addressee. The information contained within this e-mail, including any attachments or previous e-mails, is confidential and may contain confidential or privileged information. Consequently, if you have received this e-mail unintentionally, it is of the utmost importance for your own legal protection to notify us immediately either by telephone (+31-70-3312500), facsimile (+31-70-3527528) or by return e-mail to the sender at the transmitting e-mail address and to delete or erase this e-mail. Warning: In rare cases e-mail messages may not be delivered adequately. Therefore, if your e-mail contains important instructions, please make sure that we acknowledge receipt of those instructions.

All offers from N.V. Nederlandsch Octrooibureau, any requests for an offer and all agreements concluded and to be concluded as well as any other legal relationship with N.V. Nederlandsch Octrooibureau are exclusively subject to the General Terms and Conditions of N.V. Nederlandsch Octrooibureau, see ...... N.V. Nederlandsch Octrooibureau is registered with the Dutch Chamber of Commerce under no. 27263335, their General Terms and Conditions are filed under 27263335.

All offers from NLO Shieldmark B.V., any requests for an offer and all agreements concluded and to be concluded as well as any other legal relationship with NLO Shieldmark B.V. are exclusively subject to the General Terms and Conditions of NLO Shieldmark B.V., see ..... NLO Shieldmark B.V. is registered with the Dutch Chamber of Commerce under no. 24176200, their General Terms and Conditions are filed under 24176200.

All offers from NLO bvba, any requests for an offer and all agreements concluded and to be concluded as well as any other legal relationship with NLO bvba are exclusively subject to the General Terms and Conditions of NLO bvba, see ..... NLO bvba is registered in RPR Gent – Gent department under BE 0633692486.

The General Terms and Conditions can be downloaded or will be forwarded upon request. If applicable our services are regulated by IPReg (UK).

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
haha I've studied IPL in a formal academic environment. Funny.

But what do I know, I'm just a chimp enjoying a smoke.

Its best to post some examples in the legal section and some of the experts will comment :xf.wink:

Last edited:
•••
Its best to post some examples in the legal section and some of the experts will comment

hahaha...uhuh, that's an oxymoron, right? (n)

Do yourself a favor, take a couple of courses in IPL and truly get an understanding on how the system works, from both perspectives. You'll be amazed at what you'll learn. :xf.wink:

Cheers! :xf.smile:

•••
hahaha...uhuh, that's an oxymoron, right? (n)

Do yourself a favor, take a couple of courses in IPL and truly get an understanding on how the system works, from both perspectives. You'll be amazed at what you'll learn. :xf.wink:

Cheers! :xf.smile:

No problem, ask someone like jberryhill on here and see what he says, you probably would have heard of him if you were into IPL :xf.smile:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back