Domain Empire

discuss I don't trust the estibot, what is your opinion?

NameSilo
Watch

bonin

DimitarBonin.comTop Member
Impact
Yesterday I came across in a situation that was interesting and made me pay more attention to estibot.

Of course I use it, but never takes his every assessment at face value, I believe that a human being can much better evaluate and assess a situation, future trend and respectively domein.

I believe that you can get an interesting discussion, but will ask you to drop even one line and to share which of the two domains you think has a higher value.

1: crackup/com
2: VRbackup/com

Тhe difference in valuation is huge.

P.S. I apologize if there is a similar topic

Regards
Bonin

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Of course crackup would be estimated higher then vrbackup.

Vrbackup has no search volume or cpc vr is a fresh new technology there's only a few vr domains that are going to have value on estibot.

Crackup Is a saying that's been used for a long time and it has some search volume and cpc the difference in evaluation will be huge.

•••
Ok, I'm agree with that, but what about the near future, which one can be sold for more.... in the next 6 -12 months, estibot don't calculate the trends in this valutation.

•••
No it can't. It can't tell you what a domain will be worth 6 months from now. it can tell you what a domain is worth by the search volume cpc and competition at the present moment. it does not mean that someone won't pay more then the current evaluation.

There are plenty of domains that have no evaluation that sell for a lot of money. there's plenty of domains that have a high evaluation that do not sell for even close to the evaluation.

The key imo is learning how to evaluate what you can sell a domain for

•••
Of course, I just wondering and looking for different point of view and if I must to make choice I will go forward with vrbackup.

Thanks for your opinion, appreciate.

•••
they have completely different key words bud, Crack Up vs VR Backup -- now which of the two sets would you think are typed into search bars more? My vote is crack + Up all day. VR needs a major keyword to go with it for it to value anywhere decently. Now if you put virtualrealitybackup , thats 3 good key words and will result in better ranking.(IMO ofcourse, just from my testing around with estifakevaluebot. I have seen estibot valued 500$ domain sell for 25,000$ -- theres no way a robot can tell a human what the max he/she will buy it for. Not to mention a lot of end users will say what? when you say estibot, thus they dont know if its valued more or way less than they might pay. If you have a domain that someone wants, if they have to have it and have themeans to get it, estibots value is as good as adding the letters and multiplying by 5. The number it shows is based off of a lot of factors, how far into google search results is your page, 5th first the top of first or 3rd from the bottom of the 4th search page. (Page Ranking). Not to mention when a website has no age, the value is within the eye of the seeker and i guess its trial and error and researching previous similar sales to get an educated guessimate as to what to price your domain at. VRbackup is probably 20$ to someone on here that Wants VR domains, maybe less. like i have VRAquarius , Aquarius is a highly searched keyword and it doesnt value for much. This isnt nessisciarly goin to be agreed by everyone, but from what ive learned, it becomes to a point thhat you value it yourself based off 1 previous similar sales and relevancy/demand/traffic - Like if a site has a high CPC like 50$, with say 50k searches per month and a high page ranking, it could be 20 digits long and make little to no sense to the naked eye and value 1000$+ where a two dictionary word domain could value at 70$. But like i said just because it says 70doesnt mean you cant get 300$. But if someone sees your url, shows it was created 5 days ago and your asking 500$+, unless you got a lucky domain drop llll.com or something, you probably will get low low offers from people who buy domains as they have to buy it for a low enough amount to make sure its going to profit them enough for the time/money thats going to be reinvested into selling to an enduser. Develop the domain into a website and bring traffic in from ad links and you will notice the increase in the estibot value. all of my lll.us value around 1500$, now am i going to get that? maybe half of that if i sold all 8 of them and was lucky. Food for thought, im a new'ish still but from this community you will learn a lot if you folllow discussions and such. Cant learn to be a master swordsmith just because you have some iron and a furnace, research + trial and error is probably how everyone ends up starting out.
Hope this helped atleast if it was just 2 words, if not ohwell i tried , just giing my 2 cents as I have been gifted with as well from others with similar questions. Goodluck bud ~ Chris D.

•••
Of course, I just wondering and looking for different point of view and if I must to make choice I will go forward with vrbackup.

Thanks for your opinion, appreciate.
at this point the most popular things in vr are gaming headsets goggles sex.
there's no telling where vr is going to .
I'm sure a lot of us domainers think it will be huge in the future. When you buy into a trend or niche it's hard to tell what domains will be bought unless it's completely related to the niche.
i have vrprivacy i dont think it's related to vr at the moment it's a gamble just like vrbackup. Nice sounding domains but not completely relevant to the niche. that's my opinion

•••
at this point the most popular things in vr are gaming headsets goggles sex.
there's no telling where vr is going to .
I'm sure a lot of us domainers think it will be huge in the future. When you buy into a trend or niche it's hard to tell what domains will be bought unless it's completely related to the niche.
i have vrprivacy i dont think it's related to vr at the moment it's a gamble just like vrbackup. Nice sounding domains but not completely relevant to the niche. that's my opinion
agreed. only solid true money is on good .coms -- it almost seems like other than ll.net or lll .io is skyrocketing
whats the whole big deal aabout it anyways? i mean, why is it 34$~ to hand reg? >.< i have q-q.io not sure what to even market it at. 75k searches a day exact match lol

•••
I think Estibot valuations are pretty close to worthless and I wouldn't put much stock in them.

If it was easy to get real offers close to what they appraise domains for this forum would be full of millionaires.

•••
It's hit or miss with .io
It needs to be desirable. I had some .io gems that i DID NOT buy most sold for good money totaling up to 12k so far in sales. Sucks for me.I Don't want to mention the names. Of course flippa is your best bet with .io

•••
useless but still fun to see what it says. estibot valuates some LLL.coms for under 5k when we all know all LLL.coms are 5 figures minimum at this day and age.

•••
Estibot.com appraisals are worthless.
It sometimes appraise top domains as $xxx or $x,xxx when it is clear that they are worth 5 or 6 figures.
For example, before Heika.com was sold for $300,000, it appraised it's value as about low $xxx.
After the sale, the bot updated the data so now you are able to see $300,000 appraisal.

The only good information which could be obtained from using Estibot is search volume and some statistics.
But those statistics could be shown by other and free services, like Google keyword planner.
So basically, it is a bad appraisal tool which makes buyers and sellers to overestimate or underestimate domain names.

If you will watch some Domain Sherpa interviews, you may notice that most if not all the serious domain investors refrain from using this tool.
They base their estimation in other appraisal methods, like: human appraisal and how much traffic(unique visitors and clicks) the domain is receiving.

I never base my appraisal on the price shown in Estibot.
I suggest to trust in your own instincts ,generated statistics and knowledge about new or upcoming domain trends.

•••
Thanks so far for all your opinions, I'm totally agree, but the interesting thing was my short conversation yesterday with a person about one of my domains.

He asked me for estibot appraisals and he was using this appraisal like a guide price for future offers.

For me personally this is not relevant and I never make decisions following tools like estibot.

•••
He asked me for estibot appraisals and he was using this appraisal like a guide price for future offers.
This is sad, but there must be a lot of people like that.
They fall for the trap, they buy lots of worthless domains, and they price them unrealistically. So even their semi-decent domains won't find a buyer because they are priced too high. Many many many domains have zany prices and will just never sell.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back