NameSilo

I don't get Google PR...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I just don't get how it figures it out and whether it really means anything in the end. I get about 50-100 uniques per day to the Manor and it's getting better connected as I've been promoting it fairly heavy. It got wasted in the last PR update to 2, yet I see sites that have almost no backlinks at all (one I saw today was a PR3 with 5 links). How does that work?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yeah msn is always on my site but google isnt but still I have over 1,000,000 hits and I have a pagerank of 0.

•••
PR is about linking, not traffic. I have a new website with a lot of traffic and a PR 0.

•••
Not just linking but HOW people are linking to you and from where.

•••
It's more likely that the PR hasn't been updated for sites that are PR0. I heard that the next update is in early April, so that will probably change then. But I agree. The Manor is still PR2, but we are getting some excellent traffic. In fact, Alexa has us at something like 670,000 which ain't bad.

•••
I hope I get some PR when it gets updated in early april

•••
I need to get a few links to my forum before the next update. Thing is I can no longer advertise it here because it has a part for domains and hosting now. :(

•••
It took us a long while to get ranked on google but now we are doing well www.MBSAutoParts.com

You have to constanlty work on in bound links

•••
ShadowWind Manor has a great advertising venue as we provide free 3D models (donated by artists), so we are not as well connected link wise, but we get a pretty good amount of traffic through the system from these venues as well as some other features we have.

Shouldn't be too hard to find sites ZuraX that will do links for webhosting resources. They seem to be all over the place. The key is finding ones that have good PR...

I joined LinkPartners, but I'm starting to see where that is not that great. I've gotten almost no visitors from the sites that have asked to link exchange because what I'm finding out is while we have one page of links, they just bury you in a huge directory of links that no one will ever find you. It's hard enough to get people to click on banners in the front page, much less buried deep, so it's one sided.

Last edited:
•••
hotrod12 said:
You can try using this website to check how many people and search engines link to your website http://www.widexl.com/remote/link-popularity/index.html

Cool link. Here's what it says 'bout ChargeCards.cc...

Total 151, Google/AOL 0, Yahoo 49, AllTheWeb 48, AltaVista 51, MSN Beta 3, HotBot 0 links.

How does one go about getting inbound links?? I mean, other than asking someone to please link to my site?? ;)

Thanks!

Lyte

•••
That's pretty much how you do it. There is no quick way that I'm aware of...

•••
Lyte said:
How does one go about getting inbound links?? I mean, other than asking someone to please link to my site?? ;)
Make cool sites that people wants to link to.. ;)

You can also make a link exchange page.
Make a small link to your link exchange page from (almost) every page of your site.
That way it will be noticed and visitors may contact you to exchange links.
But the most important advantage by doing that is that the link-ex page will gain PR from it.
Not many wants to have their link on a PR 0 page.. ;)
I use that on a couple of sites, and it works good.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back