Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

Hyphens or no hyphens?

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

ApocComputing

Established Member
Impact
14
are hyphens good in a domain name or are they a no no? just wondering because i am thinking about registering a name and was wondering whether to do it with or w/o hyphens.

thx in advance
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Without hyphen.
 
0
•••
obviously non-hyphens :)
 
0
•••
0
•••
hyphens are cool
 
0
•••
why do people like hypens i just dont get
 
0
•••
local type-in purpose. Ppl in my country as in many others prefer to type in browser looking-for-money rather than lookingformoney
 
0
•••
wasistdas said:
local type-in purpose. Ppl in my country as in many others prefer to type in browser looking-for-money rather than lookingformoney
the one with the hyphens does look better too.
 
0
•••
IMO no hyphen;)
 
0
•••
just a question which is better cricf1.info or cric-f1.info
 
0
•••
I always use to think that hyphenated domain names would be a last resort. When I found a very successful community using one, I decided that my previous opinion on it was wrong, so I registered my name with a hyphen. I also have an unhyphenated .net version in the off chance that I may have to tell someone about it.

just a question which is better cricf1.info or cric-f1.info
If you have a choice, go with cricf1.info.
 
0
•••
that depends on words...

webmaster-forum would be ok, but rx-ty will not be good.
 
0
•••
surfertalk said:
I always use to think that hyphenated domain names would be a last resort. When I found a very successful community using one, I decided that my previous opinion on it was wrong, so I registered my name with a hyphen. I also have an unhyphenated .net version in the off chance that I may have to tell someone about it.


If you have a choice, go with cricf1.info.
okay thanks i might register cricf1.com soon
 
0
•••
hyphen depends on the keyword combination..there are some names that hyphen really matters.

IMO, I will find some alternative words since hyphen lowered the value of a name...
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back