NameSilo

Hurrican Isabel

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I live in VA, it came through here on thursday, did lots of damage around here, and i mean LOTS, i'm actualy very surprised that the power is back on at the moment, though it may not be on for long, there are still some trees falling due to the fact that the ground is so wet and rotten.
Luckly my house didnt get damaged to much, lost the privacy fence, blew out one window, messed up the roof in one place, and tore up the stairs going to the top of the garage nothing to serious, lots of others have it much worse.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Makes selling and buying Domain Names seem rather trivial doesn't it. Mother nature is one mean mother! Glad to hear no one was hurt.

ST

•••
yes luckily no one right around here was hurt all that much, lots of people from the neighborhood was at my house, as we were only one around with a basement, though i rode most of it out on hte front porch and even soem of it helping fix things while they happened

•••
Originally posted by Brian
yes luckily no one right around here was hurt all that much, lots of people from the neighborhood was at my house, as we were only one around with a basement, though i rode most of it out on hte front porch and even soem of it helping fix things while they happened

Brian: local hero of Colonial Heights VA :)

•••
I think Dr.Pepper is w/o Power :o

•••
Brian,

Glad to know you folks made out of this without much damage. Who else from that general area?

Any word from Dr. Pepps?

Is there anything we can do to help while you folks are busy getting things fixed up?

Y'all are in our thoughts and prayers.

Hang in there, folks.

•••
Originally posted by SlashRoot.Com
Any word from Dr. Pepps?

He was online yesterday in the morning. :o

•••
Where in VA are you located?

My niece Nicole, just went off too college at Hollins University in Roanoke.. and was hoping that Roanoke made out okay through the storm.

Glad you & family came through okay.

•••
Glad to hear that you were ok.
By the time the hurricane came our (Toronto's) way, it was nothing more than a storm.

•••
Oh! I heard about this. I am so glad you made it okay. That was really nice of you to help others. :) Hero indeed. :D

•••
nah, i wouldnt call myself a hero, just doing what anyone probalby would do, there are lots of older people that live in my area, who arent able to repair a lot of damage, so for the most part i take that on myself.

Originally posted by WandaCox
Where in VA are you located?

Colonial Heights, its about 30 minutes south of Richmond

Roanoke should be fine, i have a friend that lives there, got some rain and a little bit of wind, but for the most part he said it was alright there

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back