IT.COM

HTML 4.0 XHTML Are you updating your code?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Anyone working on getting their html pages updated to the HTML4.0 or XHTML standards yet??

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
hell no. im still trying to get a grasp on the old html.

lolol

•••
I'm not either, so don't feel bad. I plan on getting them all up to XHTML 1.0 compatible one of those days. :)

or maybe not :D

•••
i wouldnt be in too much of a rush, font tags, etc have been deprecated for like ages, but id say at least 80% of all current sites use them, but even still making web sites xhtml compliant isnt a big task, apparently there are 'engines' that can convert html into xhtml strict code just like that, a simple search and replace should do the job (on smaller to medium sized sites)
ive been coding in xhtml for a wee while now, and its beginning to become habit. one thing ive done all along is use lowercase for tags, etc all along, mainly for the 'look' of the code, but i wouldnt call my pages xhtml strict compliant, cos they are still a little rough around the edges :D

grtz sal.
nz

•••
Thtat's how I plan on doing it...... Search and Replace ..... :)

I find HTML TIDY to be very useful for cleaning up my code a bit.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back