Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

Htaccess question

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Spacemail by SpaceshipSpacemail by Spaceship
Watch
Impact
1,097
I've got a website I'm putting together that I think needs some htaccess redirects. It's a Wordpress site and due to various plugins, it's causing my URLs to do some funny things.

It starts out with:

Code:
http://www.MyDomain.com

Once the user does something on the front page, it turns into:

Code:
http://www.MyDomain.com/home

Both MyDomain.com and MyDomain.com/home show the same page. I'm worried about SEO ranking and dup content.

Additionally, when they page through various lists I have on it, they look like these:

Code:
http://www.MyDomain.com/home/comment-page-1/#comments
http://www.MyDomain.com/home/comment-page-2/#comments

Not everything adds the "home" into the URL, but the main part of the site does.

So, I'm wondering if there is a way to make it so the "home" is taken out of the url with htaccess. I really don't know much about it. Following is my current htaccess. The first part is to make sure that anyone that does not key in the www, gets forced to www, for SEO purposes. The second half was created by Wordpress for "pretty utl permalinks"

Code:
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www.illegalimmigration.us$ [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.illegalimmigration.us/$1 [L,R=301]
</IfModule>

# BEGIN WordPress
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
</IfModule>
# END WordPress

Anything I can do? Or just leave it all alone?
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
CatchedCatched

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back