hsbcbank.com sold for $18,954

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
on Namejet's expired...

my god...:gl:

regards,
tonecas

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Really ?
More money than common sense in this industry ? :gl:

•••
Really ?
More money than common sense in this industry ? :gl:

yep. and paid in one day span. talking about deep pockets :lala:

regards,
tonecas

•••
Brand protection or am I missing something??

•••
This is the kind of thing that gives a bad name to the whole domain industry.

Brad

•••
Looks like this one used to belong to the bank and was allowed to lapse for some reason (awful).
I doubt the lucky owner will have the time to recoup his 'investment' :O

•••
•••
unbelievable !
he also owns some names like Hatunbank.com
(again a snap backorder !)
:|

•••
Goldstein, Finestein, Domainstein...it doesn't matter who snagged it after the domain expired....THE DOMAIN expired lol

Cheers

Liquid

•••
Waste of money...unless HSBC wants it back at a bigger amount.

•••
Goldstein, Finestein, Domainstein...it doesn't matter who snagged it after the domain expired....THE DOMAIN expired lol

Cheers

Liquid

Expired or not, the domain is a TM, and the buyer (unless he owns the company or manages the domains of the company) is cybersquatting.

•••

Isaac Goldstein, the new owner, has a WIPO history:
And not on the winning side.

He must be winning overall or he would'nt be paying 18k for it

This is the kind of thing that gives a bad name to the whole domain industry.

Brad

Yup, that's why it will never change until someone changes it for us, and that might not be good news for us overall.

•••
NJ must be laughing all the way to the bank. They're making good money off suckers with little effort.

•••
He must be winning overall or he would'nt be paying 18k for it

he has at least very deep pockets... in the last months many domains have been caught by him or bid up to $x,xxx-$xx,xxx range in a daily basis.

somehow connected with Hebei Domains that in turn is connected with Megaraptor Inc that caught MCC.com for $195,000 in T.R.A.F.F.I.C. New York 2008, one of the first registered .com domains.

Yup, that's why it will never change until someone changes it for us, and that might not be good news for us overall.

hehe. nicely putted. so true.

sdsinc said:
NJ must be laughing all the way to the bank. They're making good money off suckers with little effort.

for sure. the middleman always wins. :wave:

I haven't investigate the earnings from the expired domains auction business but I wouldn't be surprise to see it as the main source of revenue for registrars like Network Solutions, Enom and GoDaddy.

regards,
tonecas

•••
•••
he caught also linkdin(.)com for $22,000 on Snapnames.

wonder when we will see a story about him on Business2 :P

regards,
tonecas

•••
well that's a lot of money... and he sure has a deep pocket.

•••
Reasonable

18,000 is a reasonable price put on this site considering earning potential. Money spent now on the site will inevitably be earned back in profit from investors, advertisers, etc. I think they should have held onto their domain for a little while longer because they would have earned more that way.

•••
•••
•••
•••
18,000 is a reasonable price put on this site considering earning potential. Money spent now on the site will inevitably be earned back in profit from investors, advertisers, etc. I think they should have held onto their domain for a little while longer because they would have earned more that way.

No matter how you look at it the hsbc bank is a trademark and he is squatting, that is illegal and the sooner that he gets the book thrown at him the better for all of us.

The possibilities are there for sure, but only from people who do not mind doing illegal things.

When are hsbc and that lot going to sue namejet and the like finally from profiting off these names? They know that they are wrong and yet they still sell them.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back