How's my logo?

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Impact
577
Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
the brella don't go with the name


as it conjures mindset of rain, and rain versus sunshine is a downer


even though i understand the usage of metaphor for plan of domain, i think some other "container" would fit better



a clear jar, showing enties inside

an open hand, with entities in palm


a sun, with the rays pointing down to the entities

imo...
 
1
•••
good point. Let me see what I can do.
 
0
•••
0
•••
you make your tree and umbrella with the same outline style and colors as your text. And this confounds the eyes. Try a different color without boarders for the object.


umbrella fits a holding/financial company in my opinion, but there being a well know copmany already using it would sway me away from it. goodluck
 
1
•••
you make your tree and umbrella with the same outline style and colors as your text. And this confounds the eyes. Try a different color without boarders for the object.


umbrella fits a holding/financial company in my opinion, but there being a well know copmany already using it would sway me away from it. goodluck

Thanks. I am going to keep the colors but dump the outline on the image. I am kind of married to these two colors but do believe the outline was a little distracting

http://oi50.tinypic.com/28hdk3p.jpg
 
1
•••
0
•••
0
•••
Here is what I am going with. Keeping it simple without an icon really. Keeping my color scheme.may have to be polished in the future. Thanks for the input.

http://oi45.tinypic.com/2921tp2.jpg
 
0
•••
The umbrella took a lot of space of the top leaving blanks spaces above fairfax, and why umbrella? Look for more comparisons and compress the word with the image.
 
0
•••
This was an interesting thread. The OP listened to most of the criticism. I think his final choice was the best attempt he produced. And a biggie said strong, sold, and with clarity. For me personally, I would have gone with a normal bold capital font, rather than the fancy font he chose. But that's just me.
 
0
•••
I like it
 
0
•••
Previous two versions look rather good, especially the last. The evolution of the logo was quite interesting ;)
 
0
•••
sorry colours and font look dated, Logo's should be kept simple and not over think them.
 
0
•••
Simple is more, especially with this name.

I honestly don't care for any of them.

Stub has it - Clean BOLD font. K.I.S.S.

Try a Helvetica Nue bold - UPPERCASE for FAIRFAX

Then a regular weight for HOLDINGS.

Center HOLDINGS below in the center and smaller than FAIRFAX.

If I find time, I'll make an example.
 
0
•••
Changed my original suggestion a bit, but maybe something like this.

1lq.png




Note:

I did run a search after the fact for fairfax holdings:
https://www.google.com/search?q=fai...b10gGiwoHQCA&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1280&bih=629

There are similarities, but still different. Didn't copy it, just seemed like a logical choice of fonts and positioning.
 
0
•••
look good. Uncanny how the two logos look similar. Like the Color treatment a lot better though.
 
0
•••
It needs modifications as its font style and color is not perfect, however its idea is nice and working but its background, color and font style is not attractive your should re-design it or hire professional logo designer for this job.
 
0
•••
it's unique i like it
 
0
•••
1
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
DomainEasy: flexible LTO options. Close more domain deals with financing.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

Scheduled posts now show a small calendar icon
When NamePros posts something for you on a schedule, you will now see a small calendar icon before its date. Move your mouse over the...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back