Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 1, 2026.

Howdy

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

Junglist101

Established Member
Impact
158
I'm fairly new to domaining, but I do feel I've grasped at least the basics. I hope to further my understanding here, and look forward to the journey!
Enjoy the start to the weekend everyone :)
 
10
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
4
•••
4
•••
1
•••
1
•••
1
•••
Hello @Junglist101 .. and welcome to NamePros! :)

I suggest to definitely proceed with caution and not spend too much when you start. There are many many potential mistakes new domainers can make.

However, if I gain even a 3rd of the quotes from Godaddy's bot, then I'd be a happy camper.

If that were reality we would all be millionaires .. easily. You really need to keep in mind that relying on automated valuations is a mistake ... two of the main reasons are:

1- More often than not they are wrong.

2- They don't take into effect the probability of sale. The average domain portfolio sell about 1-2% a year (for good domains) .. so it's important to understand the math behind that based on the type of domains and acquisitions you make.

So sure a domain GoDaddy says is worth $1500 could possibly sell for $1500 IF it sells .. but chances are it will never actually sell. More often than not the "average" domain will never sell .. and the majority have even under a 1% a year sell-through rate. You really need to be extra picky with your acquisitions.

Good luck going forward! :)
 
1
•••
Welcome to NP.
 
2
•••
Hello, Welcome to Namepros!
 
1
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back