Domain Empire

Howdy

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Junglist101

Established Member
Impact
I'm fairly new to domaining, but I do feel I've grasped at least the basics. I hope to further my understanding here, and look forward to the journey!
Enjoy the start to the weekend everyone :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello and welcome to nps! Spend lots of time reading and learning here before jumping in too hard...it will probably save you some money (and heartache) down the road!

•••
•••
Hello and welcome to nps! Spend lots of time reading and learning here before jumping in too hard...it will probably save you some money (and heartache) down the road!

I've just made a thread with 4 linked domains on Godaddy if you want to check out some of my first purchases? I am waiting on better domains to appear in my account (waiting on the registrar to release them) but I do have some 'ok' early buys I feel, within the first week of getting into domains.

•••
•••
Hello!

There are numerous threads and posts on most topics related to domain names. Suggest you search out the areas of domain names that most interest you, and read away for ideas and suggestions that may be a good guide to your domain endeavors.

Welcome to NamePros!

•••
Hello!

There are numerous threads and posts on most topics related to domain names. Suggest you search out the areas of domain names that most interest you, and read away for ideas and suggestions that may be a good guide to your domain endeavors.

Welcome to NamePros!

I will surely read through the guide and content thanks. I feel I have learned a fair bit, but there is obviously a huge learning curve to things of this nature, life has taught me that many times over lol

•••
Hello @Junglist101 and welcome to NamePros. In addition to the suggestions above, it helps to be patient. Don't expect instant wealth -- but focus instead on building a solid portfolio for the long-term.

•••
Hello @Junglist101 and welcome to NamePros. In addition to the suggestions above, it helps to be patient. Don't expect instant wealth -- but focus instead on building a solid portfolio for the long-term.

I am actually really enjoying the process, the searching for domains, seeking them out and so forth. It is a hobby at the moment and possibly side revenue source, I have my main focus for revenue in a different 'game' altogether. But yeah, I do find myself almost addicted to the search for domains lol

•••
That's a great approach financially speaking. And yes, the addictive nature of domaining has been discussed many times in these threads. :)

•••
I've just made a thread with 4 linked domains on Godaddy if you want to check out some of my first purchases? I am waiting on better domains to appear in my account (waiting on the registrar to release them) but I do have some 'ok' early buys I feel, within the first week of getting into domains.

I took a look and if you were to put them in an appraisal thread and asked for input, others with more insight would probably offer opinions.

Re: valuation from automated appraisals...it is tempting, but try not to put too much faith in them. Estibot and Nameworth are two others, but you have to take valuations with a grain of salt. There are many threads about them here with detailed thoughts from many.

I think the vast majority of us got caught up in a buying frenzy when we started...wish I had a tenth of that money now! Just take your time and be cautious with buying hand regs until you get your feet good and wet...always think who and how big your buyer pool would be before clicking the 'buy it now' button.

•••
Hello and welcome to NamePros!:)

•••
Hello @Junglist101 and welcome to NamePros! I hope and think you’ll enjoy it here.

•••
•••
I took a look and if you were to put them in an appraisal thread and asked for input, others with more insight would probably offer opinions.

Re: valuation from automated appraisals...it is tempting, but try not to put too much faith in them. Estibot and Nameworth are two others, but you have to take valuations with a grain of salt. There are many threads about them here with detailed thoughts from many.

I think the vast majority of us got caught up in a buying frenzy when we started...wish I had a tenth of that money now! Just take your time and be cautious with buying hand regs until you get your feet good and wet...always think who and how big your buyer pool would be before clicking the 'buy it now' button.

I will look into that in the future for sure. I have looked around on various domain value bots, and also have read I need to not take those so seriously. However, if I gain even a 3rd of the quotes from Godaddy's bot, then I'd be a happy camper.
I've only recently understood the importance of relevant and organic backlinks on a domain when buying an expired one, as well as looking at the amount of sources of those backlinks and checking the way-back machine. As I said, learning curve lol.

Thanks for the input

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back