IT.COM

question How you feel when you have nosale month?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Domain Monk

Mindful DomainingTop Member
Impact
And What would you do to fix it for more flow of sales?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Even with a large portfolio, sales are streaky. Historically sales do far better at the start and end of the year vs summer time.

All you can really do is own quality domains, and have them listed. Over time the law of averages works out.

Brad

Agreed. When certain trends come along such as NFT ...a hand reg of "NFT Market" may do ok, that is the exception with hand regs, at times. Putting the odd trend aside, you are waiting longer (without owning quality)

•••
Even with a large portfolio, sales are streaky. Historically sales do far better at the start and end of the year vs summer time.

All you can really do is own quality domains, and have them listed. Over time the law of averages works out.

Brad

Same here. I've had several summers with 0 sales when I owned 3,000+ domains. With around 8,000 domains now, sales are slower in the summer, but they still come through. What I did over time was offer leases, which then cover 50-60% of the renewal costs for the slow months. Also prepare for the increase in sales that should be coming in the August-September time period by making sure your listings are all pointed to the correct landing page and all the prices are current.

Because the sales are slower in the summer, most of my renewals do not fall in the summer months because I'm not typically buying as much, so it kind of works itself out.

Last edited:
•••
Mathematically with my portfolio size I can expect only 3-4 end-user sales per year. So no sale month especially in the summer is normal

•••
I believe is part of business.

everything just need time.

•••
How do you feel when you have a nonsale year, during which ass.com sells for $6,000,000.00

Apparently in your case—bitter.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back