Dynadot
NameSilo
Watch

nominology

Established Member
Impact
I have a batch of around 30 brandable dotcoms and I'd like to sell some in a hurry, to raise finance for a new business venture.

How should i go about it? I tried posting a list on this forum (see my debut post) but there's been little interest.

Where should I list them for sale and should I specify prices or invite offers?

Any help would be appreciated.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think people are being far too cavalier in this thread.

Veercall and Blutext are both quality brandables. Don't let those drop.

Newsflash guys: the world doesn't revolve around generics. If you take off your domainer blinders for a minute, you'll realize that "generic" is a stinging criticsm in most contexts. Stop pretending that the four word "generics" you spam end users with are any better than what the OP has on display. The crap you peddle is of no use whatsoever, even if someone will occasionally bite with some mythical SEO advantage in mind.

The same people who dismissed the OPs entire list also probably think that most of the names at Brandbucket are garbage. And many of those names are going to sell for significant $$$.

Most on brainbucket will never sell, they don't need to sell all of them just some of them, also their logos they create are a big part of what helps those names to sell.

Now, what always starts this kind of criticism is when someone like the OP comes on a forum and Wants to sell his or her names "IN A HURRY"

That is what gets under peoples skin because we all wish we could sell our names in a hurry whenever we like but there is no magical solution for that otherwise we would all be rich.

Now I like brandables but they are at least 100 times harder sell overall then generics otherwise the weekly sales list would be full of them and not the generics.

Also, its pretty cavalier (arrogant) of you to assume that all we push are 4 word generic crap, you are doing exactly what you are telling us not to do ;)

•••
thanks for all the responses to my question. Whilst i recognise that these names are "subjective" i do feel that some are pretty good. I mean friendler is a better name for a social network that facebook imo. maybe I should follow the brandbucket model and list them with logos.

•••
As they say, speculation is in the eyes of the beholder.

Good luck.

•••
kerwin said:
The same people who dismissed the OPs entire list also probably think that most of the names at Brandbucket are garbage. And many of those names are going to sell for significant $$$.

Correct. I do think most of the domains at BrandBucket and similar venues are garbage. And some of them may sell for significant $$$, based upon the bigger fool theory.

•••
Many of the domains listed at BrandBucket are average but viable.
Anyway, there are significantly better than the OP's domains (no offense).

•••
•••
"similar venues" include namerrific.com, brandings.com and domainandlogo.com

•••
Great information about How & Where to sell domains in a hurrry.it was very beneficial for me .....

•••
If you can't make $7 per year with your domains to earn the reg fee, then you are doing something wrong.

Go do some research and learn what makes a domain valuable in the 1st place. It's best to drop all the junk because you will most likely waste precious time that could earn you more $$$.

•••
If you can't make $7 per year with your domains to earn the reg fee, then you are doing something wrong.
Many stagnant minisites, can earn more than reg fee in 1 year. However, you need $100 to cash-out this money to pay for renewals (good for about 12 domains). Which means, if you own more than 12 domains, you need to cough up more than a hundred bucks per year.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back