Dynadot

opinion How well are the new extensions doing?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

jamesosix

Top Member
Impact
Hi,

Just searching for a domain and see name.word is available. What is the general consensus to date on the new domain extensions (.shop, .online, .garden etc etc). Are they selling? Are they not worth the time? I am very interested to see what the professionals think.

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
they are wackity wack. They are sick man. Totally awesome. .global, .best, etc. whoohoo.

•••
Maybe someday whenever the latest Android or iPhone keyboard has a New Gtld on it. Right now the only button is .Com on my phones. Anybody have a cell phone with .Co, .Me, .AI, .Company or even .Horse?

I discovered the following useful key combinations that may be of interest to those using iOS devices and needing to easily type in some domain extensions not on your keyboard.

If you SIMULTANEOUSLY hold down ALL of the command, shift, control, option, escape, delete, w, t and f keys, and while holding those all down you ALSO type....
b-a-r-k it will give you the '.dog' extension
m-e-o-w will give the '.cat' domain extension
n-e-i-g-h will give the '.horse' domain extension that I use every day (took me awhile to find this one)
s-c-a-r-e will give the .boo extension, if it is ever released this will be helpful
p-e-p-p-e-r-o-n-i yields the .pizza extension (sorry vegans)

I searched for the country codes and they were hard to figure out but I found a few of them
Typing (with all those other keys held down) o-c-e-a-n gives .io which does make sense
Typing v-a-i-n (while holding down the other keys) replaces it with .me, a real time saver.
Typing just e-h (with the other keys) gives .ca. Nice!

But the perfect one that I have never seen mentioned before is this one. If you simultaneously hold down command, shift, control, option, (note there is NO escape for this one), delete, and type V-e-r-i-s-i-g-n-m-o-n-o-p-o-l-y it will replace it all with .com for you. What a time saver!

I'm sure there are others, so if you discover any, please do share them as these are great time savers :xf.wink:.

Bob

(who has too much time on his hands, it would seem)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back