Dynadot
Namecheap

DuDD

Top Contributor
Impact
How was your trading volume in the past August?
How many domain names did you sell/buy in the past August

In August, we promoted a lot of domain names, also received a lot of domain name transactions, hope to close in September .It is worth mentioning that they are all end users transactions

How about you ?
Best wishes

DuDD

Top Contributor
Impact
August was a big fat 0 for me. Got a sale earlier today, so the new month is already now better than the last one. Generally speaking, the summer has been quite slow as always. Good luck everyone, hope you get some sales!
\

Have enough patience, I wish you better and better

lock

BrokerDomainer
Impact
I am not worrying about sales unless i get decent starting offers and am slowing down and don't care. Better off all over when more people are cashed up. Right now registrations are up but people are low balling it is frustrating so i put their entire offer into a renewal moments later. Eg offer 100 i just add 5 years. August was crap fought with hackers last month almost full time.

Fancy.domains

Selling gTLDs like delicious hotcakes
Impact
August 2021 was my worst month since I really started focus on domaining, back in 2014. :bored: However, I think it's "natural":

1. My portfolio has been downsized by about 50% the last two years, but I 'm now actively investing in new names again.

2. I've increased prices on many names. I don't focus at selling to domainers anymore.

3. August is still a vacation month for many around the world. The virus probably has some impact as well?!

D Haynes

Top Contributor
Impact
Sales were same as most months... zero (sell maybe 3/4 names a year on an 70ish name portfolio so I can't complain) but the main thing I've noticed is that buying is becoming harder and harder. I used to buy in the 12 to 50 buck range then had to move up to the 70 to 250 range and now with my limited time it almost impossible to find anything worth having for those prices. I need to either invest more time or more money.

Last edited:

twiki

Top Contributor
Impact
Sales were same as most months... zero (sell maybe 3/4 names a year on an 70ish name portfolio so I can't complain) but the main thing I've noticed is that buying is becoming harder and harder. I used to buy in the 12 to 50 buck range then had to move up to the 70 to 250 range and now with my limited time it almost impossible to find anything worth having for those prices. I need to either invest more time or more money.

Competition is ever increasing. That I have seen for a couple years already.

Also DC auction end pricing going up and up to the point where it doesn't worth anymore in many cases.

Eventually this will price out many from the market, at least for a while.

Lord Antares

Top Contributor
Impact
Competition is ever increasing. That I have seen for a couple years already.

Also DC auction end pricing going up and up to the point where it doesn't worth anymore in many cases.

Eventually this will price out many from the market, at least for a while.

DC and especially godaddy expired prices have gotten ridiculous. I see people buy random 4ls for $1000+
Very suspicious and I don't know why anyone bids there. Stopped looking at those.