Dynadot

discuss How was your August?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DuDD

Top Member
Impact
How was your trading volume in the past August?
How many domain names did you sell/buy in the past August

In August, we promoted a lot of domain names, also received a lot of domain name transactions, hope to close in September .It is worth mentioning that they are all end users transactions

How about you ?
Best wishes

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
August was a big fat 0 for me. Got a sale earlier today, so the new month is already now better than the last one. Generally speaking, the summer has been quite slow as always. Good luck everyone, hope you get some sales!

•••
August was a big fat 0 for me. Got a sale earlier today, so the new month is already now better than the last one. Generally speaking, the summer has been quite slow as always. Good luck everyone, hope you get some sales!
\

Have enough patience, I wish you better and better

•••
•••
Portfolio of 150 names. 0 sales in Aug.

•••
Portfolio of 150 names. 0 sales in Aug.

wow
You have so many domain names(y)
I hope you have good sales in September

By the wayhere do you sell them

•••
Zilch. I've been inactive for a while, doing other stuff. Plus, I had Covid (sucked)

Last edited:
•••
wow
You have so many domain names(y)
I hope you have good sales in September

By the wayhere do you sell them

Have started domaining recently .... 1 is listed at SH, 2 others at Brandbucket and rest all at DAN/AFTERNIC/SEDO

•••
I am not worrying about sales unless i get decent starting offers and am slowing down and don't care. Better off all over when more people are cashed up. Right now registrations are up but people are low balling it is frustrating so i put their entire offer into a renewal moments later. Eg offer 100 i just add 5 years. August was crap fought with hackers last month almost full time.

•••
August had no sales but lots of inquiries with super-low ball offers...likely broker or resellers. Looking forward to the fall selling season.

•••
August was above average for me

•••
August 2021 was my worst month since I really started focus on domaining, back in 2014. :bored: However, I think it's "natural":

1. My portfolio has been downsized by about 50% the last two years, but I 'm now actively investing in new names again.

2. I've increased prices on many names. I don't focus at selling to domainers anymore.

3. August is still a vacation month for many around the world. The virus probably has some impact as well?!

•••
Hi - what are the good sales months and the bad ?

•••
140 domains. 1 sale. Purchase price $50, sale price $2,000. Zero offers on the other domains. And lower visitor numbers on the domains on my efty website compared to July.
Target: 500 domains. That should equate to one sale every 2 weeks.

•••
August was not that bad for me, had one sale of $2799 on 31st August

•••
I have seen only domainers this summer, no any endusers.

•••
Only xxx range sales. Enough of them to cover most costs but not to make profit.

August has been worst month since I can remember.

But people were tired of Covid and they been lurking everywhere spending their money on vacations instead.

Last edited:
•••
july was my best month ever followed by no sales in august:xf.confused:

•••
200+ names. Zero sales. About 7 low-ball offers for August.

•••
200+ names. Zero sales. About 7 low-ball offers for August.

Suggestion, increase that min. I decided early I need to waste no time on lowballs.

Also see this. Might help.

•••
Hi - what are the good sales months and the bad ?

I would say, August and December. Vacation months.

Though sometimes before Dec 31 they buy some.

•••
Sales were same as most months... zero (sell maybe 3/4 names a year on an 70ish name portfolio so I can't complain) but the main thing I've noticed is that buying is becoming harder and harder. I used to buy in the 12 to 50 buck range then had to move up to the 70 to 250 range and now with my limited time it almost impossible to find anything worth having for those prices. I need to either invest more time or more money.

Last edited:
•••
Sales were same as most months... zero (sell maybe 3/4 names a year on an 70ish name portfolio so I can't complain) but the main thing I've noticed is that buying is becoming harder and harder. I used to buy in the 12 to 50 buck range then had to move up to the 70 to 250 range and now with my limited time it almost impossible to find anything worth having for those prices. I need to either invest more time or more money.

Competition is ever increasing. That I have seen for a couple years already.

Also DC auction end pricing going up and up to the point where it doesn't worth anymore in many cases.

Eventually this will price out many from the market, at least for a while.

•••
Competition is ever increasing. That I have seen for a couple years already.

Also DC auction end pricing going up and up to the point where it doesn't worth anymore in many cases.

Eventually this will price out many from the market, at least for a while.

DC and especially godaddy expired prices have gotten ridiculous. I see people buy random 4ls for $1000+
Very suspicious and I don't know why anyone bids there. Stopped looking at those.

•••
•••
Back