Dynadot

question How to value LLLL.com ? Help plz!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

moelaimari

Established Member
Impact
I am new to domaining industry , and wondering how to value LLLL.com
and what are good 4l.com should focus on

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Shortnames.com has good snapshot market

As always, Namepros has cheapest LLLL.com

I consider Anything under 100 is good deal; but try avoid the XQZY or “random” lol

All 456,976 4L.com taken; value lowest ~100

Last edited:
•••

I consider Anything under 100 is good deal; but try avoid the XQZY or “random” lol

Thanks for ur advice
what letters should I focus on a lot ?

•••
Thanks for ur advice
what letters should I focus on a lot ?

Western Premium
Chinese Premium

Have higher likelihood of being future acronym

CVCV
VCVC
(free to add)
are more pronounceable LLLL.com also

Most expensive is
CVCV (constant vowel constant vowel)
They are worth thousands; i wish i had 1 Lol!
Supposedly, is most “pronounceable” LLLL

VCVC is not as good as CVCV, but still good.

Some like “CVVC” pattern and so forth.

Me? I see if name looks good.
“Would you want to be called this?”
“Would you want to develop this?”

and my personal favorite;
Always check if name sold in past on namebio
nice “icing cake” ANY prev sale past despite sale history not 100% reliable, it helps; name sales history, worth more than w/o (all equal)

Last edited:
•••

XQZY.com would actually be a decent CHIP.
寻求正义--> Seek Justice.

So another dimension you will need to understand to be efficient with LLLL.com is PINYIN acronyms.

•••
XQZY.com would actually be a decent CHIP.
寻求正义--> Seek Justice.

So another dimension you will need to understand to be efficient with LLLL.com is PINYIN acronyms.

Yeah; i gave up to get the Chinese;
i focus mostly Western (what can understand) Defer @Kassey Lee! has nice perspective :)

Samer

Last edited:
•••
@Kassey Lee came through; Read fabulous article i bookmarked! Posted today! This is as up-to-date as it gets. Thanks @Kassey Lee
Posted October 23, 2020; and def worth a read https://domainnamewire.com/2020/10/23/what-is-a-four-initial-4i-domain/
2E9F26DC-B54E-4D34-9E12-D882D42CA873.jpeg

Last edited:
•••
I am new to domaining industry , and wondering how to value LLLL.com
and what are good 4l.com should focus on

May I ask why are you wondering how to value LLLL.com domains, if you are new to domaining?

Why don't you start with 2 word names, for example?

•••
May I ask why are you wondering how to value LLLL.com domains, if you are new to domaining?

Why don't you start with 2 word names, for example?

where I can find them cheap and resell them with a little profit , that is my goal ??
thanks in advance

•••
I used this formula. We have 26 letters so each of them has the value: Ex: A=1, B=2, C=3, Z=26, etc...

So if you have a four letter name add the letter values together : ABCD.com = 1+2+3+4=10
- Multiple the result to 10.
- If the Letters are in CVCV format add 2,000
- If it is dictionary word add 25,000
- Consecutive letters add 800
- If you cannot sell the name in 3 month then divide the number by 2
- If the name is Trade Mark - multiple the result by Zero.

Hope this help.

•••
where I can find them cheap and resell them with a little profit , that is my goal ??
thanks in advance

Hi

finding cheap names, is not a problem
finding cheap names that you can resell for a profit, is another story

and that story, starts with learning, what are right names to buy

imo...

•••
Hi

finding cheap names, is not a problem
finding cheap names that you can resell for a profit, is another story

and that story, starts with learning, what are right names to buy

imo...

Yes @biggie "right names to buy"

"cheap" is relative, as i find $~100 floor higher-end

The beauty of these is easy to sell "liquid" due to 456,976 supply
"liquid" as in the LLLL.com Niche;
He picked the right Niche; huge in and of itself.

Last edited:
•••
thanks in advance

"Liquid" is an Oxymoron when used to describe domains.

I love the low floor of Prices; gurantees most $100

•••
I heard that it is good to avoid x,y,q,w,j and k. Also two v and u. For example: upud or vvsc.
So, at least don't buy LLLL with two first mentioned letters.

•••
I heard that it is good to avoid x,y,q,w,j and k. Also two v and u. For example: upud or vvsc.
So, at least don't buy LLLL with two first mentioned letters.

Hi

you heard?

who, you was listening to?

lot of folks being saying lately, that they heard this, and heard that.

so, i'm wondering, who's been saying these things?

just asking....

imo....

•••
I used this formula. We have 26 letters so each of them has the value: Ex: A=1, B=2, C=3, Z=26, etc...

So if you have a four letter name add the letter values together : ABCD.com = 1+2+3+4=10
- Multiple the result to 10.
- If the Letters are in CVCV format add 2,000
- If it is dictionary word add 25,000
- Consecutive letters add 800
- If you cannot sell the name in 3 month then divide the number by 2
- If the name is Trade Mark - multiple the result by Zero.

Hope this help.
Johnn you are a great guy.
You often help, but I especially like your style with specific advice and concrete information
So, Thank you, Professor

•••
Hi

you heard?

who, you was listening to?

lot of folks being saying lately, that they heard this, and heard that.

so, i'm wondering, who's been saying these things?

just asking....

imo....
I heard it from one guy who has been dealing with domaining for ten years and I read this in his script which he sells as instructions on his website. He also takes courses. Namely, he is from Croatia like me and he is the only one I found on our net who deals with it. He offers instructions and some training and other things on his website. I wasn’t on his course, but I bought and red that script. You think that's nonsense what he's talking about? I don't know, I'm a beginner. That's why I wrote that I heard, not that I knew.

•••
I heard it from one guy who has been dealing with domaining for ten years and I read this in his script which he sells as instructions on his website. He also takes courses. Namely, he is from Croatia like me and he is the only one I found on our net who deals with it. He offers instructions and some training and other things on his website. I wasn’t on his course, but I bought and red that script. You think that's nonsense what he's talking about? I don't know, I'm a beginner. That's why I wrote that I heard, not that I knew.
He wrote that these letters are not considered premium letters and that this is the reason, and that the letters u and v are not exactly full premium so it is ok, but if there is only one of theses in four letter dn. That's what the script says. :)

•••
You think that's nonsense what he's talking about? I don't know, I'm a beginner. That's why I wrote that I heard, not that I knew.

Hi

it's more about what you heard
and then what you think about what you heard,
when you go down the path of acquisitions

i've had others try jedi mind tricks on me
telling me, certain letters in the domain are not premium, so it's not worth asking price
one even said, "he was an expert"

but still, if you believe what he said, then words like
sexy, veve, vovo, love, kick, vick, lazy, quiz, juno, juni, juju, june, july, qubo, waxy, wavy, woke, wuwu, zuzu, zulu, etc, etc
wouldn't have value or be desirable, because they have the "non premium" letters?.

just saying....

imo....

•••
•••
Hey - I had gotten into 4L coms some time back and dug up a ton of info - throughout NamePros. I put that all together and posted it on my site a while back.

There is alot of good 4L info in it - & it's 100% sourced here, on NP, from folks much smarter than I am!

If you want to check it out, the link is below. (it's my site)

brandplease.com/short-domain-name-buyers/

GL,
Brian

Last edited:
•••
Some very good advice here. But the wonderful thing about domain investing is also that a name you least expect to sell sometimes suddenly sells. So what would look like a "horrible" llll.com to most of us, might be just what is needed by someone, somewhere...

•••
My advise would probably be, buy what you would be prepared to keep for a while minimum 2 years to 10 years. Over time they will appreciate in value anyway even at a investor level as long as they are brandable and pronouncable. There is no right or wrong in my view, there is just experience and luck. Currently the investor market is very unclear, some people are selling their domains for cheap while others are requesting huge sums for domains that may not appreciate that much in the future.

•••
Just sold napy.com for $6000 via GoDaddy premium listings. I would look for names that could be used as a brand or a short acronym.

•••
•••
Back