IT.COM

advice How to sell my domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Frank Demitri

Established Member
Impact
Hi all,

I am new in the domain business and have a couple of domains in different extensions. I have started to work on putting my domains in different market places so that I can sell them. What other ways are there to sell these domains. Is there any lead tool specific to domain sales?

Advice

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I would say it depends on if your trying to sell Crunch.com or Cbbnch.com and I probably sound old fashioned but Google can be a good lead generator. There are countless threads here on NamePros with selling advise, I say be ready to read for a few months/years...
.. Good luck in the name biz...

•••
•••
The best lead tool would be Google as @Tank said. Zfbot.com & namedroppers.com work, too, if you want to find domains that include the kw phrase in your this and that domain.

•••
Welcome to Namepros! Learn every past threads here on namepros and you will get answer to your questions.:)

•••
Hi, Frank. Seems you've been here, at NamePros, a while. Anyways, welcome to the best domaining knowledge base around! It's not exactly structured, but if you do take the time and read and read, and then read some more, you'll not only find answers to most of your questions, but most importantly, also generate a lot of ideas and strategies :$::$::$:

As for lead generating tools, Google and the major domain marketplaces aside, this depends on the specific domains you want to promote. Are they brandables? Take a close look at BrandBucket and other specialized marketplaces. Are they "Chips"? Go to China... well, virtually, that's to say, visit Chinese marketplaces like 4.cn...

Good luck with your domaining projects :)

Last edited:
•••
Hello Frank, Welcome to NP, you can post the domain names at appraisal section here, it will give you blunt but fair idea about the scope of those domains. good luck with the sale. cheers.:)

•••
@Frank Demitri Welcome to the best place to learn about domaining. I'd say your best leads will surely come from Google. It's best to know where you envision a domain name ending up, prior to purchasing it, but we'd all be liars if we said we stuck to that 100% of the time. Sometimes something catches your eye and you grab it!

For those domains, which are in need of a good home, I google...a lot. Sometimes it takes a good amount of persistence to find someone interested, but when you do, it's the best! Keep an open mind always on who might be your end user...What the hell is a GOOGLE? Certainly not a search engine-turned software solution for everything. Yet it uses the domain, google.com...go figure!

•••
IMO, 90% of the success depends on having a sellable domain name, acquired at a reasonable price.

•••
First of all welcome onboard young warlord, at this stage i think you should focus more on reading, also I would advice you to start selling first on namepros expectially on auction thread, this would make you understand what other people might be interested in and what actually do sell, and above all escaping the newbie domain demons lol that is getting too attached to your domain
Once again welcome onboard

•••
Welcome!

Lots of great advice here from fellow N'pers! Domaining can be quite confusing so it's always a good idea to think about brandabbility, and it's end user. The worse thing you can do (and we have all done it), is to buy domains for the sake of buying them without any real thought. Find a niche, figure out what domains appeal and then use the likes of Google to track those end users down. It's not easy by any means, but I always quite like the challenge.

In terms of selling, NP's is a good place to start to get you used to the buying process etc. You could also give Flippa Auctions a try.. Park all your domains too, so potential customers can find you!

Good luck!

Last edited:
•••
Will offer a perspective that may be helpful as you examine how to sell your domains.

Consider listing a few names on Sedo that you think are good names, either at Make Offer or at Buy Now.

Why: Well, you can monitor your name traffic for a couple of months, familiarize yourself with the various sales platforms on Sedo and perhaps utilize them while during the same period you can be reading and learning about the many other selling platforms used by domainers.

Also read in depth topics on NamePros related to your domains and selling expectations.

Take your time and determine what sales methods / sites are best suited for your domains and expectations.

•••
Will offer a perspective that may be helpful as you examine how to sell your domains.

Consider listing a few names on Sedo that you think are good names, either at Make Offer or at Buy Now.

Why: Well, you can monitor your name traffic for a couple of months, familiarize yourself with the various sales platforms on Sedo and perhaps utilize them while during the same period you can be reading and learning about the many other selling platforms used by domainers.

Also read in depth topics on NamePros related to your domains and selling expectations.

Take your time and determine what sales methods / sites are best suited for your domains and expectations.

Is this a good strategy for new gtlds too or just .com?

•••
I would say it depends on if your trying to sell Crunch.com or Cbbnch.com and I probably sound old fashioned but Google can be a good lead generator. There are countless threads here on NamePros with selling advise, I say be ready to read for a few months/years...
.. Good luck in the name biz...
Actually I have 0 .com domains all my domains are either .club, .xyz, .gdn so how should I go about it?

•••
so guys I have these domains so let me know if they are good or not.

fixit.gdn
cub.gdn
sif.gdn
marketingplan.gdn
pixels.gdn

what ar your thoughts on this?

•••
Actually I have 0 .com domains all my domains are either .club, .xyz, .gdn so how should I go about it?
That is the problem. If you want to sell domains, then you have to own domains that other people want. I'm wondering, would you buy any of these extensions on the aftermarket, for a serious business ?

•••

fixit.gdn
cub.gdn
sif.gdn
marketingplan.gdn
pixels.gdn

You really should put those in the appraisal, you might get a wider perspective. I think there is a small following of dot-gdn here.

But short answer, no. I'm left scratching my head when I see those names. Why? Because of the extension. With most new gtlds you want the name to flow...before and after the dot connect somehow. There are some new extensions that are peddled as "generic" - including your dot-gdn - but they really don't have the same generic flow as say a .com or .net.

Take away the extension, your names are great. You're headed in the right direction. Best of luck.

•••
Is this a good strategy for new gtlds too or just .com?

While you are learning and trying to find your personal best sales methodology Sedo is just one of several sales platforms you can utilize.

In all likelihood you can place your new extensions there as well. I don't know if it is a good strategy but it is a reasonably sound strategy as you get familiar with the overall domain business.

I have some new extensions there as I monitor their traffic numbers and try to gauge the interest in the names that are very logical for their extensions.

•••

fixit.gdn
cub.gdn
sif.gdn
marketingplan.gdn
pixels.gdn

dump them off in "auction" section with starting bids @ $1

after that, don't buy any more domains until you've read thru at least 10,000 posts in domains for sale and domains wanted sections.

Good Luck!

imo....

•••
hi everyone im a rookie to this , i have bought my first domain, sportstress.com, is this a good name?

•••
@DELTA T Not bad if it's your first. But what of the one it's forwarded to, who owns that?

•••
sorry I dont know what you mean?

•••
sorry I dont know what you mean?
N/m, sorry. Your domain must still be on the old sellers dns. It's currently forwarded to another site that sells health-related names.

•••
When you say "bought", do you mean you bought it from Mr Lewis, or do you mean you picked it up for reg fee?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back