IT.COM

question How to sell a domain fast

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Roboman7

Established Member
Impact
Hi, I have domain names that I want to sell quickly to get cash for other things. How do you guys sell your domain names in a quicker manner? It's tricky to make a business of this if the domains aren't very liquid. Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
list them for sale with a BIN cheap if any are good they will sell if not they wont all depends on the quality of the domains if they are junk none will sell...

•••
Try Afternic, Undeveloped, Godaddy Auctions, Namejet and/or Efty. Those are great places to start selling. Each has its particular pros and cons.

•••
Hi, I have domain names that I want to sell quickly to get cash for other things. How do you guys sell your domain names in a quicker manner? It's tricky to make a business of this if the domains aren't very liquid. Thanks
Without knowing your names, do what Wizard said. Put them up on Sedo, Undeveloped and Afternic and price them under $300. If you think they are bad, put them up lower. No promise they will move, but at least you reduce the likelihood that price is the issue.

But dont try to sell them here unless you want beer money for them. :-P

•••
•••
Your best chances for a quick sale are to flip them for a modest profit. If you bought them for $10, list them here at a $20 BIN and see if anyone bites.

•••
About 50,000 members here asked the same question "How to sell domain fast?"

No one knows.

•••
The problem is that there is a big gap between domainers and end users, 90% of monthly sales are domains recycled between domainers themselves!

If domains were like products that people buy on Amazon then they would sell like candy. The problem is that end users are not aware about the domains for sale out there, unless they are in the moment of typing a domain name inside Godaddy search bar, only in this narrow time frame there is a small chance that your domain will be found.

You need to try all methods mentioned above plus try promoting on social networks. and maybe do some outbound.

Last edited:
•••
The answer is easy. If it's a good name and you want to sell it fast, sell it for 10% of what you paid for it.

•••
Q: How do I sell (fast)?
A: Do only own good names. Bad names will not sell often, or only for peanuts.

Q: How do I know which domains are good?
A: Serious domaining is (like) a profession and the internet, including NamePros, is your university.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back