Dynadot

How to recover my domain from scammer

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I sold my site 3 days ago and transfer my domain to the prospect buyer.. he send the payment but after transfering the domain and content the buyer cancel the payment.

I emailed immediately godaddy.com but they said they can't send me back the domain. They said I need to file a case about this.

Is there another way to recover my domain... any help will be appreciated...

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Notify his host immediately, if he has one yet. Provide them with all the evidence you have. It may or may not get resolved, but if the host has any concern about scammers being hosted on their servers, he will not be able to use the domain. Keep following him around from host to host and repeat the process. That's about all you can do. If you're lucky, you'll wear him out enough so he finally pays.

•••
file a complaint with paypal... there usually good with solving these situations

•••
Could we have the site url? 8-X

•••
Ed, I'm saddened to read what happened to you, especially when you had to
learn a hard lesson the hard way. :(

The problem is Go Daddy doesn't know and doesn't care what had happened
between you and the other party. If you think about it, it is a dispute only the
2 of you can handle separately.

BTW, same thing with other registrars: they don't know and don't care what
goes on behind the scenes with any domain name transaction unless you have
used them specifically.

But one question I'd like to ask is how exactly was the payment made. Was it
done via credit card, escrow, paypal, etc.?

Last edited:
•••
davezan said:
But one question I'd like to ask is how exactly was the payment made. Was it
done via credit card, escrow, paypal, etc.?

Since paypal don't support philippines, I use xoom.com to accept his payment.

He send the payment using his credit card, but the problem as xoom.com told me he never confirm the payment so they were force to cancel the transaction. They said they email the guy twice to confirm but never confirm so it's their policy that if the sender don't confirm they cancel it.

I tried to contact the guy and ask him to send to my friends paypal account, but then he never reply me back.

The site have been transfered to his server, I have tried to contact his server but no reply. I guess he also own the server.

Right now my only chance to get that domain back I guess is to patiently and diplomatically contact him.

I really feel disapointed with the way godaddy.com handle this problem not even make any investagation. This mean that any people can scam their members.

•••
edpudol said:
I really feel disapointed with the way godaddy.com handle this problem not even make any investagation. This mean that any people can scam their members.

Understandable why you and countless others will feel that way. But it boils
down to proof from all sides affected, no matter what registrar you use.

Unfortunately registrars aren't judges and juries when civil disputes occur.

Was the buyer an NP member, BTW?

•••
Finally I got my domain, trough the effort of DNF moderator. This guy scam not less than 10 people in DNF and I hope he is not in this forum. I learn also that he make transaction to one of the member here but I am not sure if the transaction is made here or in other forum.

You can look this thread http://www.DNF/f167/websitepurchase-stolen-cc-paypal-124838.html as a warning also to all of ask it maybe around here.

•••
wow Ed, that sucks, i'd try getting with paypal, his host, and an attorney to be on the safe side and you can hopefully get it resolved quickly and fairly. best of luck to you mate

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back