Domain Empire

How to get a Higher Payout? Go through a Super Affiliate

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I’ve been an affiliate for 5 years, and the first two years were incredibly hard for me.
There’s a plethora of information and theories out there, most of which is complete junk.
Unfortunately, you don’t realize why its junk until you pass the newbie stage.

Blackhatworld has its up and down, but overall does a great job in allowing your mind to take ideas and spin them in your favor.
The one thing that is not discussed much here is the concept of super affiliates.
Now, I’m not talking about bringing in affiliates through your tracking code to get a piece of their commission, but rather the bigger picture.

Here’s a real life example:

My affiliate revenue all comes from the matchmaking industry.
Generally, you sign up as an affiliate with a network.
The real revenue is going direct with the advertiser.

Does shaving occur?
In some aspect, every advertiser shaves.
You involve a network, advertisers will shave an even higher percent to offset the high amounts of fraud, and to cover additional costs to be on the network.

Now, how do you negotiate a better commission rate with an advertiser?
Let’s say the standard pay per sale percentage for affiliates is 60%.
If you attempt to secure a higher rate, the advertiser will say “you show us the volume, we can discuss it”.
Well, that sucks for affiliates. I mean, why bring in volume at a lower percentage when you deserve more.
Well, that’s where the concept of a super affiliate comes in.

Did you know if an affiliate program has 10,000 affiliates, less than 1% of their affiliates attribute to 85% of their affiliate revenue?
Now, don’t think like an affiliate, think like an advertiser. The advertiser will bend over backwards for the affiliates they consider to be in that 1%.
Now imagine if you are at the top of that 1%, can you imagine the pull that “super affiliate” has with the advertiser?

The hardest part is finding that 1% (which I am for one specific program).
What if I told you I can take your standard 60% and make it 85% instantly?
That’s the power of a super affiliate, depending upon how strong his relationship is with the advertiser.

Don’t forget, a brand has many aspects to the business that does not include affiliate marketing.
That super affiliate, the smart ones that is, will be involved in other areas than affiliate marketing with the brand.

To recap:
1. Find a super affiliate for a brand that you are looking to promote (ideally you are already promoting in that space of for their competitors)

2. Indicate what you are looking for. After all, a super affiliate does not have to deal with 10,000+ affiliates and lose you in the bunch

Remember, it all comes down to relationships at the end of the day.
The affiliate / advertiser relationship normally is one of distrust.
However, an affiliate / super affiliate relationship is not.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hey! Nice view! Definitely worth reading and of course, it should be implemented.

•••
"How to get a Higher Payout? Go through a Super Affiliate"

So you're basically talking about CPA networks.

•••
Good info, thanks for sharing.

•••
I am very new to this "affiliate" thing they called it but just reading some blogs and articles I think it has a big big potential to bring cash if you do it right. Could you write more about the best affiliates you joined in? Thanks

•••
Never go through a network when you can go direct with a reputable advertiser!

"How to get a Higher Payout? Go through a Super Affiliate"

So you're basically talking about CPA networks.

•••
Well, it's one of those things where it isn't black and white.

For instance:

"The affiliate / advertiser relationship normally is one of distrust."
However, an affiliate / super affiliate relationship is not."

I would rather have a good relationship with a merchant than one with a Super Affiliate, since that's actually a competitor of yours.

Sometimes a network is good because it can step in when there is a problem. Shady things happen everywhere.

Payouts do tend to be better on CPA networks, good to find someone you can trust on one of them.

•••
The thing that bothers me about this is that (unless this is a multi-level program) the super affiliate is going behind the merchant's back to strike a private deal. Could you negotiate a higher percentage that way? Maybe, but I'm not seeing why the sub-affiliate would be inclined to trust a super-affiliate who cheats their merchant.

•••
Advertisers scam and steal from affiliates and networks all the time. I wouldn't recommend going direct unless you have reason to believe they can actually be trusted. A good network shields their affiliates from the shadiness of the advertisers.

I think for most people, it's better to get into a high quality private network and let them hack it out with the advertisers while you spend your time improving conversion rates and working on new traffic sources. If your traffic is good, the networks will take care of you.

•••
at the end of the day, it always comes down to relationships.
Most affiliates do not have direct pipeline relationship with an advertiser.
Ultimately it comes down to an affiliate have a method(s) that allow for conversions. Then, trying to maximize that conversion through the best avenue possible (direct, superaff, network, etc)

•••
hello,
For higher pay affiliate you should very accurate to choose the keywords .
otherwise your money will waist .

•••
i have not yet done super affiliate, i might try this one, thanks to this post it give me an idea on how to do it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back