strategy How to Find Potential End Users?

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

shilmy

Established Member
Impact
37
Hi,

Do any of you has regularly sell your domain to end users? If so, do you mind share with me in this thread on how find potential end users for your domain?

Regards,
Sjarief
 
33
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Just got an email from an end user who'd offered $500 for a domain this summer. I accepted, and then he would barely answer emails over the next couple months. He confirmed he wanted it, said he'd send a check, yadda yadda yadda, and now:

I feel so bad because I did not do what I said what I was going to do. I just decided it was to impulsive , I already own so many that I don’t use.

Sorry, no can do. It’s a good one though, I’m sure you can sell it.

Maybe later, got no money as well. I hate saying this because I still let you down but would you accept less.

Thank you.
Just thought this was funny considering this is straight from the president/owner of a large company that maintains an inventory of between 5 and 15 million dollars worth of equipment. Goes to show you, people will come up with plenty of excuses why they can't possibly afford your asking price (true or not).

By the way this was the only one of his 5 emails that was longer than one line.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
Its all about finding the potential users. One has to reach out to them, social media websites are the best platforms for reaching out to people.
 
0
•••
Has anyone tried using BCC for all their emails, rather than sending each one individually?

Would save A LOT of time, and so if you still get positive responses, it might be a better way to go about it?
 
0
•••
Has anyone tried using BCC for all their emails, rather than sending each one individually?

Would save A LOT of time, and so if you still get positive responses, it might be a better way to go about it?

Very good idea. But most important, it works and every recipient sees only his email.
 
0
•••
Very good idea. But most important, it works and every recipient sees only his email.

My only worry is that it may look 'spammy', but I guess that if people are interested they will reply all the same.

I don't think they see their email unfortunately. Instead it comes up with nothing in the 'to' field...
 
0
•••
One thing that I discovered yesterday. Maybe it could be helpful.

I'm emailing Endusers sometimes offering them my domains. I use very simple emails and usually I used the word "domain" in these emails.
Well yesterday I sent one such email to myself (another mailbox).
I checked it in a Windows Live Mail. When I sent such email with a word "domain" in it this email went to the "junk email", but when I changed the word "domain" to "web address" it went to the normal "Inbox".

Just an expirience.

I did the same experiment a while ago.
With same result.
 
0
•••
I've done that too but the disadvantage is that you're not able to send a personalised message (using names etc).

When sending more than say 10 emails, I'm using GroupMail 5 which allows you to send bulkmail (not spam) but with customised fields that can be inserted anywhere in the email like "Dear [name]," etc. The field values are taken from a list (via the clipboard or imported), your enduser contact list for example.


Has anyone tried using BCC for all their emails, rather than sending each one individually?

Would save A LOT of time, and so if you still get positive responses, it might be a better way to go about it?
 
0
•••
Has anyone tried using BCC for all their emails, rather than sending each one individually?

Would save A LOT of time, and so if you still get positive responses, it might be a better way to go about it?

no. don't do it. it is not the same thing.

first, you will not get anything in the to: field. some people put their own email address in the to: field but either way it will look like spam to an end-user.

second, the email will trigger spam filter thresholds for using the bcc: field for several addresses. it may also trigger spam alerts on your ISP or email server operator.

third, you may have the addresses disclosed in the bcc: field if you use Google Apps for your email with Microsoft Outlook client.

you have to go one on one. you can also search for software that sends emails to several people based on template files. you only need to put the end-users emails and their names or other personalized information and feed them to the emailing software.

regards,
tonecas
 
3
•••
Has anyone tried using BCC for all their emails, rather than sending each one individually?
It's a telltale sign that the E-mail is not customized to the recipient.

Would save A LOT of time, and so if you still get positive responses, it might be a better way to go about it?
How would that save a lot of time ? You can automate things, but that would become more like spamming. E-mails have to be individualized a bit, some research has to be done. You can used canned sentences but not send mail like a bot.
 
0
•••
How would that save a lot of time ? You can automate things, but that would become more like spamming. E-mails have to be individualized a bit, some research has to be done. You can used canned sentences but not send mail like a bot.

At the moment I have an excel sheet with all the email addresses of the people I'll contact.

It would be easier to just copy them into the BCC, than open up 100 emails and put in their name and email address!
 
0
•••
Hmmm... Okay friends, I hope this does not get deleted. I found a free email tracer in which you are notified if your email was read or not. You cant customise the from: field to include anything you want. If for instance you want to use the free email that comes with your domain name like the one provided by Godaddy, you can do that.

If I wanted to send email with my domain name for instance, I could use [email protected] to send the email and it will appear that it came from there at the other end. If the email gets read, I will get a notification vial twitter or email.

the website is whoreadme dot com. It is free so you may want to check it out.
 
1
•••
Hi guys, I'm considering developing an application to help you find end users by extracting emails from websites based on your domain name and keywords, I was curious what you thought of the idea?

http://www.namepros.com/business-development/773602-email-extractor-for-finding-end-users.html

I have the post here that gives more details. I need to know if this is something you all would be interested in before I can justify moving forward and spending development time. Is this something you would pay for? I PMed a bunch of you, I really appreciate the help!

If you have any other ideas for software that might help let me know also, I just want to help create something you guys will love! :).
 
Last edited:
0
•••
Joshuapz had someth ing similar and somewhat much robust than just end-finder.

But he has since retired before I became a member here.

Please if anyone knows how I can reach him(Joshaupz), please PM me his email.

Okay... After experimenting with the email tracer I shared yesterday, I noticed that an email which was sent out to the owner of a .co.uk for my keyword was opened yesterday and also today. I thought they would delete emails if they are'nt interested. Could this a positive sign for future decision? I expected owner of the .com.au and .net to contact me but I haven't heard anything from them.

I have had to abandone that and registered another name which I will send out emails for tomorrow.
 
0
•••
I have been using emailextractorPro for the past few years to locate emails relating to certain keywords - enabling me to sell to end users almost on a daily basis.
Ex. "London Scaffolding" - would generate business emails for scaffolding companies based in and around London.

I have just purchased an Imac and would like to know if anyone knows of a capable software app/program that is capable of performing this task (extract email addresses based on keywords/search engine searches).


Would highly appreciate any guidance anyone could give us.
 
6
•••
I have been using emailextractorPro for the past few years to locate emails relating to certain keywords - enabling me to sell to end users almost on a daily basis.
Ex. "London Scaffolding" - would generate business emails for scaffolding companies based in and around London.

Thanks Federer, any problems with any malware or spyware with this free program?
 
0
•••
I have been using emailextractorPro for the past few years to locate emails relating to certain keywords - enabling me to sell to end users almost on a daily basis.
Ex. "London Scaffolding" - would generate business emails for scaffolding companies based in and around London.

I have just purchased an Imac and would like to know if anyone knows of a capable software app/program that is capable of performing this task (extract email addresses based on keywords/search engine searches).


Would highly appreciate any guidance anyone could give us.

@Federer, Have a look at this - now in development - web based:

http://www.namepros.com/business-development/773602-email-extractor-for-finding-end-users.html
 
0
•••
Interesting Federer. Very interesting! I knew it. Thanks for sharing.
 
0
•••
1
•••
Thanks! interesting
 
0
•••
Thanks Federer, any problems with any malware or spyware with this free program?

There isnt any problem as far as I see. The free version isnt any different fro the paid( fully functional) except that you can not save the emails...

I dont think that is a problem for me because I could easily find a way around that...
 
0
•••
Appraise.net

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back