Domain Empire

How to choose suitable comparables?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Honey Domains

Established Member
Impact
I am wondering how you choose the most relevant comparables for a given domain enquiry? Happily, I am starting to get more enquiries (mostly .cos and brandables) and want to do a good job of coming up with a reasonable market value.

I know this is experience and an art in itself, but how do the experienced guys here nail it? What are the rules, and what faux pas will get you laughed out of the marketplace?

Here are some questions, if anyone else thinks of any related to this, post them in the thread, so we can all learn.

1) Do all the domains have to have the exact same number or letters of can you +/-1 (or more?) if it is a totally related domain?

2) What is there are very few related sales to choose from?

3) Do you just get as close as you can with the names or do a reasonable variety?

4) What is the max and min number of comparables that is reasonable or normal to refer to? And when does it vary?

5) Are you conservative with your choices (domains sold on the lower side?) and do you include high or low outliers?

6) For brandables do you just go with the word root part being common to the names? Any other brandable comparables tips?

You don't know what you don't know, so feel free to add any other factors I've missed here, and share what you do, thanks so much.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back