Domain Empire

How to Choose an Affiliate Company [Guide]

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
With litteraly millions of affiliate programs how do you choose?

I choose mine based on:

• Market Potential.
    For example Full Tilt Poker shut down a few months ago as well as the other major poker sites. Online poker is a billion dollar industry​
  • Pay Structure
There is usually a big upfront payment or a long term payment if they keep subscribing. It depends on your goals which one you should take the long term has more risk because the customer may move to another provider or the company can close down. The long term payment gives you more potential over time; however I personally will only do that if I know the owners or they have been in business for at-least a year.​
  • Minimum Payment.
    This is something to look into if your not hardcore. Some sites require a 100$ before you cash out.
  • Trust
    Can you trust the company? I highly recommend you buy the product before because once you become an affiliate there brand reflects upon you. Call there support number just to see someone answers. Look at if its legally registered. For example I can trust Face up because they are based in the us and are publicly traded on the stock market​

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
For me I also choose the payment method. Because some affiliate use wired transfer etc.

•••
For me I also choose the payment method. Because some affiliate use wired transfer etc.

I agree I love paypal I don't mind direct deposit however wire transfer are a pain in the ass.

•••
Trust - being a customer tells you nothing about how the company treats their affiliates. Low payout thresholds, convenient payment methods and big commissions mean nothing if the company doesn't pay, doesn't pay on time, cheats their affiliates or allows affiliate fraud (affiliates who cheat other affiliates) within their network. The best way to find out about that is to get feedback from other affiliates - there won't be much information available for new or less popular merchants.

Being in business for over a year, being in the US or even being publicly traded tells you nothing about a company's financial status/ ability to pay, but you can easily find that info online. For example, here's the Yahoo Finance link for IKCC (parent company of the poker site mentioned in this thread) - http://finance.yahoo.com/q/is?s=ikcc

•••
I thought even advertising gambling was illegal?

Anyways most affiliate scheme won't worry well, no conversion or click through, but some will work very well, so it is matter of finding the right one if it even exists for our sight and how to implement them.

•••
Just getting accepted is good enough for me :). I always try small first anyway. Affiliates will be my main income arm eventually.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back