Dynadot

How to Check Backlinks for Unregistered Domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Is there any tool for checking backlinks for domain names that are not registered yet?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
When you say 'not registered yet' , do you mean that they have never been registered before?
If that is so, then domains that have never registered before don't have any backlinks

If you want to check backlinks on any kind of domains (registered or unregistered) then you can use the free https://moz.com/researchtools/ose/ or the paid Ahrefs.com and Majestic.com (both have limited free uses / day)

•••
When you say 'not registered yet' , do you mean that they have never been registered before?
If that is so, then domains that have never registered before don't have any backlinks

If you want to check backlinks on any kind of domains (registered or unregistered) then you can use the free https://moz.com/researchtools/ose/ or the paid Ahrefs.com and Majestic.com (both have limited free uses / day)

Thanks. The domains I'm looking at are currently not registered, but most of them have been registered in the past. The moz tool looks very useful.

•••
Well it's good if you use other services as well. Ahrefs, Majestic, Semrush give you some free limited options and results can be different.

I registered a domain where Moz would find no backlinks, however I know they exists, because I did manual research and as well domain is parked and gets visitors.

Btw domain doesn't have really attractive name, I doubt it gets all this traffic from direct or organic searches.

•••
HOW? The same way you check links for live sites....gosh

•••
In Google type "link:urlhere" (without quotes) to find backlinks still indexed in Google. Also, "info:urlhere" can give you some data about the site. Try all versions of the URL, with/without www. etc...

This will not give you all inclusive data, but some supplementary info in addition to what is provided by the resources listed above....

•••
Back