Dynadot

How to appraise expired domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello!

There are much of domains, which expire everyday. I notice some very interesting names but how to appraise their actual market price? :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
well..probably your best bet is to reg them and then ask here...don't post them before you buy them though

•••
FletchRus said:
Hello!

There are much of domains, which expire everyday. I notice some very interesting names but how to appraise their actual market price? :)

I use DomainSlueth and various other methods to valuate drops,You want to see if they have PR,Backlinks and ect,Be sure and check them for blacklist aswell,And quick TM check is a good thing to do aswell.

•••
If you want good estimated values, get an appraisal at DomainTops.com - there the server can also appraise your names fairly accurately.

•••
Check their potential traffic by backlinks...

•••
compuXP said:
If you want good estimated values, get an appraisal at DomainTops.com - there the server can also appraise your names fairly accurately.
Automated appraisal method seems not bad but how I can to know traffic and revenue of the domain before registration? :) I've checked some domains with and without traffic and revenue, so price is very different (from MINUS $6 up to $700 for the same domain but I just added not so much of traffic - just 100 uniques per day and revenue just $10 per month)... So, this way of appraisals seems not so bad but not very exact :)
I also think that post such domains before reg is not a good idea :gl:

Xfactor said:
I use DomainSlueth and various other methods to valuate drops,You want to see if they have PR,Backlinks and ect,Be sure and check them for blacklist aswell,And quick TM check is a good thing to do aswell.
I use DomainSleuth also :)
How to check domain for blacklist and TM? :)

•••
DomainTops doesn't post the domains you appraise automatically, so you're safe there. Just don't do the public ones until you reg them.

You don't need to know traffic and revenue before registration - you simply don't know them. So just leave them "no".

You'll see it's prolly a little more exact than you think ;)

•••
compuXP
Just for example, last Sedo sales shows that domain RUTH.INFO has been sold for 1300 Euro but DomainTops appraised it as MINUS $1...

Domain IAMTECH.COM has been sold for $2200 DomainTops appraised it just as $2...

And only B2BEDUCATION.COM appraised as $140 but was sold for $2100 (that's great when a real sale's price is higher :lol: ).

The sale's prices of these domains are great, so I want to learn how to appraise/find such domains when they expire? :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back