IT.COM

How to advertise?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
What is the best way for advertesing your website. I don't know why I think that google... stink....same that incencitive traffic... more that 100 000 visits and no leads!!!! I said no leads!!!! not no sales!!!!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Google is a way good way of getting traffic. Majority of web users search through them in one way or another. As far as paid advertising is concerned, try PPC Search engines like goclick.com, overture.com, etc. Affiliate programs like CJ and others, if you can afford it.

•••
Incentive based traffic is among the worst way to advertise your product. Nearly all of the visitors will be less interested in your site and only sign up for ulterior motives.

What do you have against Google? Adwords is often the best value for your advertising dollar.

•••
I used Google Adword before for my old web hosting company, not much result from the money! (That is, maybe because web hosting is such a saturated industry that in order for my link to appears on the first page, I had to pay $100 per click)!

•••
Submit your website to www.submithits.com for free $10 fund. Check it out.

Hope this help,
TW

•••
How to advertise...

what arethe best ways to advertise a website... I don't need just traffic , I don't need so many leads... I need sales!!!
clixgalore.com is not so good am I right... also google.com it's very expencive and there are many competitors....and you must to pay a few dollars for click and moust of ... visitators... are just your competitors who whana to see what you do....

•••
You haven't been doing this very long eh lovelinux?

•••
Re: How to advertise...

Originally posted by lovelinuxlove
what arethe best ways to advertise a website... I don't need just traffic , I don't need so many leads... I need sales!!!
clixgalore.com is not so good am I right... also google.com it's very expencive and there are many competitors....and you must to pay a few dollars for click and moust of ... visitators... are just your competitors who whana to see what you do....

So what are you suggesting?

TW

•••
Originally posted by lovelinuxlove

Conversion ratio varies greatly by the industry, YMMV.

Nobody can deliver "sales" to you, only traffic. What you do with that traffic, it's only up to you. If what you are selling (product/pricing/demand, etc) is interesting to your traffic, it will sell. Assuming that it is not a highly unqualified traffic, if you are not converting traffic into sales, you really need to look at your site, product offering, your copy, navigation, etc. and make changes as may be warranted.

HTH

•••
slashdot thats excellent advice....if i may add maybe.. getting to know the traffic is a good idea too...offer an incentive for filling out a online questionaire to get the lowdown on the demographics of the traffic currently coming to the site and or a question or old fashion suggestion box on what might improve the site....It's my understanding you have 4 seconds to attract a surfers attention once they open your page before they surf away.

•••
Originally posted by nextway
getting to know the traffic is a good idea too...

Absolutely, logfiles are indeed your best friend!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back