Domain Empire

new gtlds How Should I Present .Brand Domains in Advertising?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Lox

____Top Member
Impact
As you can imagine, it's a balancing act — stimulating awareness of the domain, creating the desired customer behavior of the future using .brands, whilst ensuring that we are considerate to the fact that .brands are yet to hit mainstream awareness. Sounds simple right?

As you may recall, the first article outlined a few key options that we've considered in our discussions with clients.

10551.gif

While all of these options have their advantages and disadvantages, the process for selecting the right approach for presenting your .brand in your advertising can be boiled down to two key factors: the advertising medium and the desired customer behavior.

Medium

As a marketer, you'll be aiming to select the best possible medium, or range of mediums to execute your campaign with the maximum impact. In today's world, you'll have dozens of options, and the balance of the mix will be vital.

Specifically for the .brand, one of the most obvious factors to consider is to consider whether the domain will be spoken aloud (such as on radio), read visually (such as in print or digital), a combination of spoken and read (such as on television) or clicked (such as social media).

Read more: (Part 2) or previous article (Part 1)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
7) switch to .com, don't worry

•••
I'm surprised by how much the symbols seem to stand out from the others .. my choices would be 4 then 2 .. if you would have asked me verbally I likely would have said 1 then 2.

I think this is more of abroad question though .. even in .com there are ways that look better than others

•••
I would vote for 3, however as seen in advertising it needs significant effort to market, cost, to build awareness, it appears .COM is the better way to go.

•••
i vote for 2) http://***.brand

1) www. - for old school domains .com .net .org etc.

•••
Interesting thread!
I'd use www. Wherever/whenever possible in print medium when advertising gtld extensions. Anything that explains clearly to the consumer where to go, the better!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back