IT.COM

How popular is .US domains for traffic, really?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ExpertDomino

Account Closed
Impact
How much traffic does an average .US domain get?

Side Question: What is the most popular/traffic earning .US domain/website that you know of?

Ill admit Im not a big .US. domain browser as I have only visited one .US domain since Ive been on the internet and that was imageshack.us so I might assume it's traffic rating is high compared to other .US domains, am I right when I make that assumption?

Thoughts?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have bad experience with .us getting high rank on search engine.

Last edited:
•••
There is no way to quickly determine the average traffic for an entire extension that I know of. There are going to be popular sites that come to mind like the one you mentioned (ImageShack.us) and there are going to plenty of unknown sites, parking pages (etc) like any other extension.

.US sales show positive growth, US development shows positive growth.

It's not .COM though, and it will never get the traffic of .COM, but neither will any other extensions.

onlinebroker said:
I have bad experience with .us getting high rank on search engine.

Sorry to hear that. I'm not aware of any problem with .US and search engine rankings. On the contrary, sites like the previously mentioned ImageShack.us have excellent rankings. I've seen and experienced many examples of well ranked .US sites.

•••
I think that imageshack.us is one of the most successful .us site.

•••
•••
•••
I think .us traffic has to be made, where some .com traffic just comes as being the defacto default TLD. I do think .us has potential to be better than some others depending on the name, particularly in the future.

•••
•••
I think .us doesn't proubly get many type in'. When I think of a site I always think of the name then .com. So I only buy .coms lol.

•••
shanee86 said:
When I think of a site I always think of the name then .com. So I only buy .coms lol.

What names did you manage to buy? :-/

•••
mole said:
What names did you manage to buy? :-/
Don't ask don't tell..... :blink:

•••
shanee86 said:
I think .us doesn't proubly get many type in'. When I think of a site I always think of the name then .com. So I only buy .coms lol.

I think the same way in a lot of cases, the only time I get more than the .com is when I go 100% into developing a site :)

for .us domains in general, if you develop them right you can get loads of traffic on them.

•••
I dont think its that good. There are only a few big sites with that extension.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back