Dynadot

discuss How much would you agree with GD domain name appraisal while buying or selling?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Leo2k

Established Member
Impact
I would still appreciate the fact that GD evaluation is free and unlimited.
Yet, how much would you agree with its evaluation price and how do you take your decision while buying or selling domains?

I just tested just random names and got these values

NameGD Valuation $
ChatGPT.com1305
sshhhh.com1668
hobiut.com1166
3fdre.com1137
1f3.com2177
iamafool.com1418
utoobrutus.com598
youtoobrutus.com642
Comedaddy.com2174
ppania.com1133
silonce.com1232
siduce.com1160
ypaed.com1404

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I know that I've undersold domains and lost customers because I asked too much, but defining the sale price is an art (and a gamble because you never know the budget the buyer has in mind).
Then each sale is a unique negotiation so there are no defined rules.
But I put myself in the shoes of an inexperienced domainer and I admit that the GD tool or estibot evaluator are a good starting point. I am not saying that the tools define the right price for every domain.

•••
Godaddy appraisal system is one of the worst. I wonder how many people entered the domain industry in the hope that they could sell domains for thousands of dollars just by registering them.

•••
Godaddy appraisal system is one of the worst. I wonder how many people entered the domain industry in the hope that they could sell domains for thousands of dollars just by registering them.
Correct, most of the time it shows wrong appraisal, rate of domain is depend on the buyers not the type of domain.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back