IT.COM

How Much Time Does Namejet Take To Transfer A Domain Won Through Backorders?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

VaibhavA

Top Member
Impact
Hello,

I have recently placed and won my first backorder with namejet.

It was on 30-April-17.

My card was charged within 2 hours.

I received a mail after 2-3 days to create an account with NetworkSolutions. I did that immediately.

I wrote a mail to Namejet after a week that I have not received the domain in NetworkSol acc. They replied me with a detailed mail telling that it may take a weeks time.

Then I wrote a mail to NetSol and received a response that its Namejets responsibility to transfer the domain. Kindly check attachment.

I have again written to namejet after 2 weeks and awaiting their response.

I have experience with Dropcatch and Dynadot. They do not take more than 1-2 hours max for the domain to appear in your account.

Its my first experience with namejet and its 2 weeks.

Can some of experienced guys let me know about the time it normally takes?

Attachments

• NetworkSolutions Reply.jpg
    NetworkSolutions Reply.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 54
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks for your experience, when you back order. which company grab your domain if you have 10 time back order most of the time who? How can i back order or grab 4L.com and what kind of domain you bacorder?

•••
Thanks for your experience, when you back order. which company grab your domain if you have 10 time back order most of the time who? How can i back order or grab 4L.com and what kind of domain you bacorder?

Hello Satyadeep,

As per my knowledge, there are 3 main players in backorder service.

1) Namejet/Snapnames
2) Dropcatch
3) Pheenix

So, if you want to catch a 4l, you would need to backorder at all 3 and then since base price of 4l is currently around 200$, the name will end up with multiple bidders.

Epik also provides a backorder service, if I remember correctly, they allow 1 backorder per domain. So, if they catch, its yours without auction.

Hope it helps.

Happy domaining!

•••
Namejet replied, kindly check attachment.

I also checked domain whois, it shows registrar as Network Solutions and me as registrant.

It means they have domain with them but not moving it to my account.

Can anyone suggest what to do?

Attachments

• Namejet Reply.jpg
    Namejet Reply.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 50
•••
namejet typically will create an account and give you login details, at the registrar who holds the name, when you don't have account there.

when you initially received email after 2-3 days to create an account with NetworkSolutions, did that email say "to create an account" or that "an account has been created for you"?

i'd call netsol toll free and explain situation again and namejet too, as both share a responsibility to get it right.

imo...

•••
I don't think it has ever taken more than couple days max for me at Namejet.

•••
namejet ask at seller to transfer the domain to a enom account , when the domain is on enom , namejet push the domain to the buyer , the time depend on how much time the seller transfer the domain on enom

•••
when you initially received email after 2-3 days to create an account with NetworkSolutions, did that email say "to create an account" or that "an account has been created for you"?

Thanks for your reply.

I received a mail from NetSol with account details, I only changed password.

•••
I'm not sure about NameJet, buy SnapNames can get screwed up with your credit card and even though you have a credit balance, they apply it to new purchases first, meaning the payments you have made for earlier transactions, never get used for the domains they were meant for. It can take 3-4 help messages to get things sorted out (maybe 2 weeks plus). Buy they never seem to learn. The cycle repeats itself with regularity. So I would look at your won/paid domains to see if anything look funny with the payments.

Of course it could also be third party sellers not happy with the selling price. Make sure you watch if the reserves are met.

•••
Thanks for your reply.

I received a mail from NetSol with account details, I only changed password.

if so, then the domain should be in that account.

imo....

•••
if so, then the domain should be in that account.

Whois info shows Registrar as NetSol and registrant as me.

But NetSol has not provided the domain in my account.

What can a domainer do in such a case?

•••
Of course it could also be third party sellers not happy with the selling price. Make sure you watch if the reserves are met.

It was an expiring domain. I backordered it with Namejet and Dropcatch. Namejet caught it.

•••
namejet ask at seller to transfer the domain to a enom account , when the domain is on enom , namejet push the domain to the buyer , the time depend on how much time the seller transfer the domain on enom

It was an expiring domain. I backordered it with Namejet and Dropcatch. Namejet caught it.

•••
Good luck with that

I'm still waiting for nj to perform a very basic task

Eg delete my email address from their records including their marketing dept records

And its taken them over 3 months and they have still not managed to perform that simple request yet lol

•••
Issue resolved with support of Silentptnr. Thanks again.

Silentptnr pointed out through pm if i have 2 accounts with netsol.

I dont remember when i created the 1st account as i never used it.

After i won the expiring domain backorder, i received a mail from netsol with login details. I just changed password and saved the details.

After Silentptnr pointed out, i looked at all my account details and found out that i already have a account with netsol.

I logged in with previous account details and the domain name was not in that account as well.

I noticed that netsol has given an option to merge accounts in account section.

I merged both accounts in 1 account.

Immediately after doing that, the domain name appeared in my account.

Thanks again to Silentptnr and everyone who tried to help me out.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back