IT.COM

poll How much is your limit on single domain auctions?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

How much is your limit on single domain auctions?

• 26 votes
  • Ended 6 years ago
  • Final results

bonin

DimitarBonin.comTop Member
Impact
Most of us participate in auctions, what are your limits and the maximum amount to which you would bid on a single domain auction?

P.S The Auctions at Namepros do not count on it, we talk about auctions at Namejet, GoDaddy, Flippa, Sedo etc.

Thanks in advance for your honest opinion.

Poll close in 7 days!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It depends entirely on any given day what domains I'm bidding on. But just so I can answer your question, I voted above.

•••
It just depends on the domain quality. I would pay 5 figures for the right domain.

Brad

•••
It depends upon domain quality but at the same time how much i have in pocket. It reminds me an expired domain 3 letter .com was sale on namesilo expired auction once for around $ 5000 but at that time i didn't have any money in pocket and i left and next day i saw someone put a bid on it.

•••
Depends completely on the name .. but most of my domains I grab at big value well under $50 or even closeout! ;)

If it's an extremely good name under value I will bid more.

•••
The most I've ever spent on a name is 500 bucks but the vast majority of the names I've bought have been for $12. I'm not comfortable gambling with more than that unless I know 100% I can make profit the very next day if I had to.

•••
It just depends on the domain quality. I would pay 5 figures for the right domain.

Brad

I understand what you have in mind, but I personally have a price in the head that I define as the maximum and if a domain exceeds it, I just quit ... no matter what the domain is, for example, I'm comfortable up to $2500

•••
Depends on the dot-Com. For a 3L.com or one word generic dot.com with commercial meaning I'd go as high as $10,000. For me the test is if I think I could flip it for at least 3x the acquisition costs in less than a year. In general, $5k is as high as I'd go...

•••
no matter what the domain is, for example, I'm comfortable up to $2500

so, if a great .com like pro.com is for sale at $2900 you won't buy it?

•••
if I will see a great deal, a domain for sale at $20k that I am sure I can sell for $100k+ and I don't have the funds I would borrow money and buy it.

•••
if I will see a great deal, a domain for sale at $20k that I am sure I can sell for $100k+ and I don't have the funds I would borrow money and buy it.

Same here. Much smarter than those who took out loans to buy bitcoin....

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back