NameSilo

How much is a 1 letter .TV worth?

Labeled as advice in Domain Extensions started by Crypto King, Sep 11, 2018.

Replies:
Views:

1. Crypto King

Crypto King RFQ.com . Peculium.com . AngelLead.com . BVMI.com VIP

Would be nice to get your thoughts on how much a 1 letter .TV domain may be worth. Thinking of buying one. Namebio only has 2 sales and they are from 8 - 10 years ago.

upload_2018-9-11_16-23-32.png

are .TV domains worth more or less than 10 years ago and how much do you think a 1 letter .TV could fetch now?

thanks,

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Kate

Kate Domainosaurus Rex VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

There is a 1-letter domain expiring, so provided that it is not recaptured by the registry and premium renewals no longer apply, I could see a 5-figure sale and above :)

3. Josytal

Josytal Top Member VIP

All things being equal, final price will depend on the letter. Chinese or western premium letter.

4. pinkdragon

pinkdragon Established Member

i.tv is in pending delete. As Kate said, I think it will be a 5 figure sale.

No matter who will win the auction, I am not sure what will happening if itv.com will want the name. They have plenty of money and lawyers.

5. Keith

Keith Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

There won’t be an auction. The registry will price it accordingly and wait for a buyer.

6. DomainRecap

DomainRecap Top Member VIP

Low 5-figures easy.

7. DomainRecap

Is a Registrar holding a TM domain open to a UDRP?

8. Keith

I have no clue who has the domain now. Is I.tv in a dispute now? Seems hard for anyone to prove they have rights to a one letter domain imo.

9. DomainRecap

Not at all, and the WIPO has already created precedent that the TM can extend to the TLD level.

I'm just wondering what the potential remedies would be to a Registrar holding stuff like Sony.co, Microsoft.io, etc. as aftermarket properties with big price tags on them.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  10. Keith

It would be interesting to see something like this play out in court, beyond wipo. I’d certainly defend a one letter domain to the fullest, against whoever thought they had TM rights to it.

11. DomainRecap

Agreed and the WIPO always favors big business and makes it easier and easier for them to steal domains, while the courts don't have any "special rules" for one-letter domains.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags: