IT.COM

discuss How much effort does it to take to give Yes or No answer to PM?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Is No response the best response ?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

domain12345

Established Member
Impact
Hello , was just wondering , is it extremely hard to reply with a Yes or No answer if anyone not interested in any domains.

I sometimes send PM to other request domainers, and after receiving my list of domains they just become numb to even response , sometimes after exchanging a message or 2 showing interest, and then they dissapear out of conversation.

Is it so tough to give a 2 sec NOT INTERESTED reply.....or is it the new trending attitude.

just talking about ethics :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
No response = Not interested. Moving on.

I like this response. This is a tough game...a tough business. Can't get sappy or emotionally attached to anything domain related or you will lose out most likely.

•••
Sell your domains to endusers only - the best solution here.

•••
I prefer they Dont reply at all if the are not interested in buying the domain. Its a total waste of time to read a non sense PM that says ¨I am not interested...¨
In these business and in life in general, you have to develop an ¨I dont give a F...¨ attitude to random people, extrangers and negative family members or Friends.

Maybe its because I am a Cold Heart person, Happy but Cold Hearted lol life is tough and you must be tough too.

Funny. I'm completely the reverse. Firstly. I never send PM's trying to sell a domain to another domainer. It will never work out well. But I receive a fair few. A Sorry. I'm not interested. Is a polite response and tells the sender, that I'm not interested in receiving offers. If they don't get the hint. I start getting more flowery with my language :)

Last edited:
•••
Is it so tough to give a 2 sec NOT INTERESTED reply.

Kind sir, u hav to be tougher to be in domeining. U got teh gud domeins u get reply, otherwise who cares?

•••
The problem is that even a simple NOT INTERESTED would trigger a WHY NOT or some other answer and you will soon be engaged in conversation with dozens of submitters of bad names.

I clearly ask for service and product names and someone submits Hey897.com (just an example, but I received a similar submission) Why should I take time to respond to 20 bad submissions of that sort?

The simplest and most convenient method is No Response = No interest

•••
How much effort does it to take to give Yes or No answer to PM?
More effort in our minds than in reality. It doesn't take long but we think it does. :cigar:

•••
If they don't get the hint. I start getting more flowery with my language :)
Some people are trained to a follow up PM (email phone call)..

Personally, I would just report the 2nd PM as "spam" (add a mod/admin to conversation)!

I get really go nuclear when I get "flowery"..bad bad busine$$ for me to let my emotions take over (high blood pressure etc)

I do appreciate when the OP when asking for names also adds, something along the lines of "if interested will respond"

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back