Domain Empire

How much do you make?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

JL8

Established Member
Impact
What do you do in this industry and how much do you bring home? Where are you finding success?

It's a pretty personal question, however it's an interesting one. Feel free to generalize/ball-park it if need be.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Where are you finding success?

Quality. It's the universal language.
Also, value. "Price is what you pay, value is what you get."

If you focus on quality and value, you will almost certainly win. How much success you have is largely determined by your eye for quality and your comprehension of value.

•••
Web hosting and domain name registration
That is enough for me

•••
I make just enough for my pocket expenses - and I'm quite satisfied with this!

•••
How much do you make?

Not enough! It's never, ever enough... :lol:

•••
•••
I'm employed online as a forum moderator and while I could be making more, all my bills get paid every month.. that's enough for me.

•••
Nothing... at the moment.

•••
Hi I do freelance work such as writing, data entry or as virtual assistant. I do earn what I used to earn when I am still employed in a regular job. But sometimes much more so I'm more happy to work from home and have more time for my family.

•••
Just enough to live happily!!!

•••
Enough money to met out my needs !

•••
After...

Corporation Tax
Value Added Tax
Income Tax
Council Tax
Road Tax

About 20p net profit.

•••
In this industry...nothing (yet) but hopefully I'll be making something lol.

•••
Just for my bread and butter. That is enough for me.

•••
People who have said that he is enough for xxx $ is GOD :D

•••
You can make money at this!
No way.

I do this for the Fun of spending $xxK a year for renewals and Hosting.
And the Sheer delight of dealing with People younger than my Grand-KIDs

•••
•••
•••
I think trying to make a living off buying and selling domains is a long hard road; but buying great niche names, and then developing them can make you rich. But then again, it all matters on what you consider rich. If you think making 100K a year working from home and owning a million dollars in domains is rich, then yes it's possible; but you gotta put in a lot of work, or get super lucky, or maybe a little of both.

But most people around here make more money with domains than playing the lottery, and those who develop great names can earn a comfortable living. Personally, I think making over 100K a year can provide a pretty comfortable living. I won't say what I make, but I'm happy, and I work every day, constantly building my way towards a beautiful life. One day I hope to just push a few buttons and play my guitar all day.

As far as for you, or anyone else here for that matter, one day, an idea will hit you, when the idea comes, just write it all out on paper, figure out how to connect all the steps from finding a prospect to getting paid, and you might find yourself being the next BIG thing online.

Good luck,

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back