Dynadot

discuss How much are .zip and .mov domains worth?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

tetrahed

Established Member
Impact
Very broad question, but I'm curious given how they could potentially be a cybersecurity attack vector. What are your thoughts?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Aside from being an attack vector, these TLDs are not a solution to any problem.

I advise against investing in this.

•••
Negative; especially if it’s “premium renewal”

•••
.zip actually sounds great...

but how can you use them, when in its first days it already has the reputation of being a scam TLD.

•••
Well, in my opinion it's 'geeky' TLD mostly, there are maybe few exceptions when companies may need 'hacking' domain because they had already something 'zip' in their naming. Moneylaundering.com refers to ACAMS organization, who knows, maybe some security company would be interested in your .zip, if it has some geeky feel in it, ColonoscopyInOntario.zip wouldn't fit of course, ha.
And the last one about 'scam': if people that dumb to confuse link for an actual zip archive in their mail inbox for example, than they're already don't know anything about basic security and they're can be scammed by 10 year old kid, I woud not keep in mind that category of people when I'm investing in something controversial like .zip

Last edited:
•••
No domain is a solution to any problem, other than being useful to build a website! 😁

I'm sure there's some gems to be had... Get searching.

I like the sound of lip.zip. I could probably do with it...

Last edited:
•••
Wikipedia.zip already taken by Wikipedia itself, obviously, big projects may tend to separate databases, archives, sources, manuals or docs with such TLD from main one.

•••
Wikipedia.zip already taken by Wikipedia itself, obviously, big projects may tend to separate databases, archives, sources, manuals or docs with such TLD from main one.
The true information on Wikipedia can probably be zipped up into a 1mb zip file and made available on there, so maybe they're planning on doing that.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back